Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to XIAP
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2541 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
功能Apoptotic suppressor. Has E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity. Mediates the proteasomal degradation of target proteins, such as caspase-3, SMAC or AIFM1. Inhibitor of caspase-3, -7 and -9. Mediates activation of MAP3K7/TAK1, leading to the activation of NF-kappa-B.
组织特异性Ubiquitous, except peripheral blood leukocytes.
疾病相关Defects in XIAP are the cause of lymphoproliferative syndrome X-linked type 2 (XLP2) [MIM:300635]. XLP is a rare immunodeficiency characterized by extreme susceptibility to infection with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Symptoms include severe or fatal mononucleosis, acquired hypogammaglobulinemia, pancytopenia and malignant lymphoma.
序列相似性Belongs to the IAP family.
Contains 3 BIR repeats.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
结构域The first BIR domain is involved in interaction with TAB1/MAP3K7IP1 and is important for dimerization. The second BIR domain is sufficient to inhibit caspase-3 and caspase-7, while the third BIR is involved in caspase-9 inhibition. The interactions with SMAC and PRSS25 are mediated by the second and third BIR domains.
翻译后修饰Ubiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome in apoptotic cells.
Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT protects XIAP against ubiquitination and protects the protein against proteasomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- AP 13 antibody
- API3 antibody
- Apoptosis Inhibitor 3 antibody
ab2541 (1/200) staining XIAP in HeLa cells (green). Cells were permeabilised with 0.5% Triton-X100/ PBS, fixed in methanol (-20oC, 10min) and counterstained with DAPI (red) in order to highlight the nucleus. Please refer to abreview for further experimental details.
All lanes : Anti-XIAP antibody (ab2541) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Human placenta tissue lysate - total protein (ab29745)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa
Exposure time: 12 minutes
ab2541 staining XIAP in MCF7 cells treated with forskolin (ab120058), by ICC/IF. Increase in XIAP expression correlates with increased concentration of forskolin, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 2h in media containing different concentrations of ab120058 (forskolin) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab2541 (1 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
ab2541 被引用在 7 文献中.
- Dong X et al. Effect of Jiawei Fengshining on Synovial Cell Apoptosis and TGF-ß1/Smad Signaling Pathway in Rats with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:8614034 (2019). PubMed: 31929822
- Li Y et al. Dual targeting of survivin and X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein suppresses the growth and promotes the apoptosis of gastric cancer HGC-27 cells. Oncol Lett 16:3489-3498 (2018). PubMed: 30127953
- Bao J et al. Fmr1 protects cardiomyocytes against lipopolysaccharide-induced myocardial injury. Exp Ther Med 16:1825-1833 (2018). PubMed: 30186407
- Zhang QY et al. FAM46C is critical for the anti-proliferation and pro-apoptotic effects of norcantharidin in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Sci Rep 7:396 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28341836
- Hsu KH et al. Anti-apoptotic effects of osteopontin through the up-regulation of Mcl-1 in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. World J Surg Oncol 12:189 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24947165
- Lopergolo A et al. Apollon gene silencing induces apoptosis in breast cancer cells through p53 stabilisation and caspase-3 activation. Br J Cancer 100:739-46 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19223905
- Shrikhande SV et al. Silencing of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP) decreases gemcitabine resistance of pancreatic cancer cells. Anticancer Res 26:3265-73 (2006). IHC (PFA fixed) . PubMed: 17094439