Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to TRIM5 alpha
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Cat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
参阅全部 TRIM5 alpha 一抗
描述山羊多克隆抗体to TRIM5 alpha
特异性This antibody is expected to recognise all three human isoforms.
经测试应用适用于: WB, IHC-Pmore details
种属反应性与反应: Cat, Human
常规说明Official Gene Symbol - TRIM5. GenBank Accession Number – NP_149023; NP_149083; NP_149084.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% Tris, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
纯化说明Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E3 Enzymes
- RING Finger E3 Ligase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4389 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 6 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
功能Isoform Alpha is a retrovirus restriction factor, which mediates species-specific, early block to retrovirus infection. Targets retroviral capsid soon after entry into the cell, and prevents reverse transcription of the virus RNA genome. Isoform Alpha trimers may make multiple contacts with the hexameric lattice of CA proteins which constitute the surface of retrovirion core, and somehow inactivate the virus. Restricts efficiently infection by N-MLV, but not HIV-1. May have E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity.
通路Protein modification; protein ubiquitination.
序列相似性Belongs to the TRIM/RBCC family.
Contains 1 B box-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 B30.2/SPRY domain.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
结构域The RING-type zinc finger domain mediates binding to an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme.
翻译后修饰Ubiquitinates itself in a RING finger- and UBE2D2-dependent manner (in vitro).
细胞定位Cytoplasm > P-body. Cytoplasmic bodies.
- Information by UniProt
- RING finger protein 88 antibody
- RNF88 antibody
- TRIM5 antibody
Anti-TRIM5 alpha antibody (ab4389) at 2 µg/ml + Human placenta lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
Ab4389 (1ug/ml) staining human RNF88 in human tonsil by Immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue. Microwaved antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, HRP-staining.
A) positive cells next to a secondary follicle
B) positive cells below tonsillar epithelium.
In paraffin embedded Human Tonsil, ab4389 stains a group of cells in the interfollicular area, below the epithelium of tonsillar criptae and weak in germinal centre.
Anti-TRIM5 alpha antibody (ab4389) at 1 µg/ml + Human Brain lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane).
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab4389 被引用在 7 文献中.
- Jimenez-Guardeño JM et al. Immunoproteasome activation enables human TRIM5a restriction of HIV-1. Nat Microbiol 4:933-940 (2019). PubMed: 30886358
- Singh R et al. TRIM5a and TRIM22 are differentially regulated according to HIV-1 infection phase and compartment. J Virol 88:4291-303 (2014). PubMed: 24478420
- Battivelli E et al. Modulation of TRIM5alpha activity in human cells by alternatively spliced TRIM5 isoforms. J Virol 85:7828-35 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21632761
- Neagu MR et al. Potent inhibition of HIV-1 by TRIM5-cyclophilin fusion proteins engineered from human components. J Clin Invest 119:3035-47 (2009). ICC/IF ; Cat . PubMed: 19741300
- Yap MW et al. Restriction of foamy viruses by primate Trim5alpha. J Virol 82:5429-39 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18367529
- Yap MW et al. The design of artificial retroviral restriction factors. Virology 365:302-14 (2007). PubMed: 17493656
- Ohkura S et al. All three variable regions of the TRIM5alpha B30.2 domain can contribute to the specificity of retrovirus restriction. J Virol 80:8554-65 (2006). WB ; Human . PubMed: 16912305