Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Survivin DEx3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
描述兔多克隆抗体to Survivin DEx3
特异性This antibody has been tested in Western blotting against equal loadings of purified wild type survivin, 2B and DEx3. When used at 1/250, it detects a single clean (but weak) band of the appropriate size for DEx3, but no band is detected with wild type survivin or 2B. We have not succeeded in detecting endogenous Survivin DEx3 using this antibody (Survivin DEx3 is expressed at very low levels). This antibody has been used successfully however, to detect overexpressed Survivin DEx3 in whole cell extracts.
经测试应用适用于: ICC/IFmore details
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Survivin DEx3 aa 50-150.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive result in HeLa cell line in ICC/IF
常规说明This antibody should be aliquoted to reduce freeze-thaw cycles as it loses performance quickly after multiple freeze-thaws.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3731 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
相关性Survivin is expressed in G2/M phase in a cycle regulated manner. At the beginning of mitosis, survivin associates with mitotic spindle microtubules, this is essential for survivin's anti-apoptosis function. Survivin may counteract a default induction of apoptosis in G2 / M phase. Survivin over-expression in cancer may overcome this apoptotic checkpoint. Survivin DEx3 (lacking exon 3) and survivin-2B (retaining a part of intron 2 as a cryptic exon) are isoforms of survivin that behave differently to survivin. Skipping of exon 3 in survivin-Ex3 results in a modification of the BIR domain, followed by an additional frame shift in exon 4. In consequence, the open reading frame of Survivin DEx3 ends in the 3' untranslated region of survivin at position 581 and generates a novel 63 amino acids-long COOH-terminal tail in survivin-Ex3 coded by 87 nucleotides of exon 4 and 103 nucleotides of the original 3' untranslated region. See Mahotka et al. 1999 for more details.
细胞定位Cytoplasmic and Nuclear
- API4 antibody
- Apoptosis Inhibitor 4 antibody
- BIRC5 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab3731 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3731, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab3731 被引用在 6 文献中.
- Waligórska-Stachura J et al. Survivin DEx3 as a biomarker of thyroid cancers: A study at the mRNA and protein level. Oncol Lett 13:2437-2441 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28454416
- Waligorska-Stachura J et al. Decreased expression of survivin 2B in human pituitary adenomas. A preliminary study. Folia Histochem Cytobiol 55:21-25 (2017). PubMed: 28509313
- Doucette T et al. Survivin transcript variant 2 drives angiogenesis and malignant progression in proneural gliomas. Neuro Oncol N/A:N/A (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24676140
- Végran F et al. Association of p53 gene alterations with the expression of antiapoptotic survivin splice variants in breast cancer. Oncogene 26:290-7 (2007). PubMed: 16847456
- Noton EA et al. Molecular analysis of survivin isoforms: evidence that alternatively spliced variants do not play a role in mitosis. J Biol Chem 281:1286-95 (2006). PubMed: 16291752
- Caldas H et al. Survivin splice variants regulate the balance between proliferation and cell death. Oncogene 24:1994-2007 (2005). PubMed: 15688031