Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Mouse monoclonal [Rb1 1F8] to Rb
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
参阅全部 Rb 一抗
描述小鼠单克隆抗体[Rb1 1F8] to Rb
特异性This antibody reacts with hyperphosphorylated and un (under) phosphorylated forms of Rb protein.
经测试应用适用于: WB, IP, IHC-Frmore details
种属反应性与反应: Mouse, Human
预测可用于: Chicken, Chimpanzee
Fusion protein. Rb-b-galactosidase fusion protein spanning nucleotides 1126-1973 of human Rb gel purified from bacterial lysates (R. Grand et al. 1989).
表位The epitope has been mapped between aa 703-772 of human RB1.
- Tested in a panel of human cell lines and CV-1 cell line (established from monkey kidney epithelium).
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
纯度Protein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 105 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
功能Key regulator of entry into cell division that acts as a tumor suppressor. Promotes G0-G1 transition when phosphorylated by CDK3/cyclin-C. Acts as a transcription repressor of E2F1 target genes. The underphosphorylated, active form of RB1 interacts with E2F1 and represses its transcription activity, leading to cell cycle arrest. Directly involved in heterochromatin formation by maintaining overall chromatin structure and, in particular, that of constitutive heterochromatin by stabilizing histone methylation. Recruits and targets histone methyltransferases SUV39H1, KMT5B and KMT5C, leading to epigenetic transcriptional repression. Controls histone H4 'Lys-20' trimethylation. Inhibits the intrinsic kinase activity of TAF1. Mediates transcriptional repression by SMARCA4/BRG1 by recruiting a histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex to the c-FOS promoter. In resting neurons, transcription of the c-FOS promoter is inhibited by BRG1-dependent recruitment of a phospho-RB1-HDAC1 repressor complex. Upon calcium influx, RB1 is dephosphorylated by calcineurin, which leads to release of the repressor complex (By similarity). In case of viral infections, interactions with SV40 large T antigen, HPV E7 protein or adenovirus E1A protein induce the disassembly of RB1-E2F1 complex thereby disrupting RB1's activity.
组织特异性Expressed in the retina.
疾病相关Childhood cancer retinoblastoma
序列相似性Belongs to the retinoblastoma protein (RB) family.
结构域The Pocket domain binds to the threonine-phosphorylated domain C, thereby preventing interaction with heterodimeric E2F/DP transcription factor complexes.
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated by CDK6 and CDK4, and subsequently by CDK2 at Ser-567 in G1, thereby releasing E2F1 which is then able to activate cell growth. Dephosphorylated at the late M phase. SV40 large T antigen, HPV E7 and adenovirus E1A bind to the underphosphorylated, active form of pRb. Phosphorylation at Thr-821 and Thr-826 promotes interaction between the C-terminal domain C and the Pocket domain, and thereby inhibits interactions with heterodimeric E2F/DP transcription factor complexes. Dephosphorylated at Ser-795 by calcineruin upon calcium stimulation. CDK3/cyclin-C-mediated phosphorylation at Ser-807 and Ser-811 is required for G0-G1 transition. Phosphorylated by CDK1 and CDK2 upon TGFB1-mediated apoptosis.
N-terminus is methylated by METTL11A/NTM1 (By similarity). Monomethylation at Lys-810 by SMYD2 enhances phosphorylation at Ser-807 and Ser-811, and promotes cell cycle progression. Monomethylation at Lys-860 by SMYD2 promotes interaction with L3MBTL1.
Acetylation at Lys-873 and Lys-874 regulates subcellular localization, at least during keratinocytes differentiation.
- Information by UniProt
- Exon 17 tumor GOS561 substitution mutation causes premature stop antibody
- GOS563 exon 17 substitution mutation causes premature stop antibody
- OSRC antibody
Lysates prepared from lung and kidney of VerUTR transgenic and wildtype mice were analyzed by Western Blot probed with ab24.
Increased expression of Rb1 was detected in the organs from the VerUTR transgenic mice. Cells were seeded onto 6-well plates at 2×105 cells per well overnight. They were then transfected with 1 µg of VerUTR or control vector in combination with scrambled RNA or siRNA against VerUTR. Proteins were extracted 48 hours after transfection by lysing in 60 µl of lysis buffer containing protease inhibitors (150 mM NaCl, 25 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0, 0.5 mM EDTA, 1% Triton X-100, 8 M Urea, and 1x protease inhibitor cocktail). Tissues were disrupted in appropriate volume of lysis buffer depending on tissue weight. All samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE and then transferred to nitrocellulose membranes followed by incubating with ab24 at 1/500 dilution at 4°C overnight. The secondary antibody used was goat anti-mouse IgG at 1/2000 dilution at room temperature.
Anti-Rb antibody [Rb1 1F8] (ab24) at 1/1000 dilution + Human fibroblast nuclear cell lysate
Mouse polyclonal-HRP conjugated
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 105 kDa
Observed band size: 100-150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Primary antibody was incubated for 16 hours.
Blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour.
ab24 被引用在 24 文献中.
- Zhou R et al. Analysis of Mucosal Melanoma Whole-Genome Landscapes Reveals Clinically Relevant Genomic Aberrations. Clin Cancer Res 25:3548-3560 (2019). PubMed: 30782616
- Lee Y et al. G1/S cell cycle regulators mediate effects of circadian dysregulation on tumor growth and provide targets for timed anticancer treatment. PLoS Biol 17:e3000228 (2019). PubMed: 31039152
- Kannan M et al. AEG-1/miR-221 Axis Cooperatively Regulates the Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Targeting PTEN/PI3K/AKT Signaling Pathway. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31698701
- Wangyang Y et al. MiR-199a-3p inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes via suppressing retinoblastoma 1. Biosci Rep 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30352835
- Gong Y et al. Circ-ZEB1.33 promotes the proliferation of human HCC by sponging miR-200a-3p and upregulating CDK6. Cancer Cell Int 18:116 (2018). PubMed: 30123094