Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 30 pg/ml
- Range: 40.96 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
参阅全部 IL-6 试剂盒
样品类型Cell culture supernatant, Plasma
灵敏度< 30 pg/ml
范围40.96 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
特定样本回收率 样品类型 平均% 范围 Cell culture supernatant 130.2 118% - 138% Plasma 122.8 109% - 138%
实验步骤Multiple steps standard assay
Abcam’s IL-6 Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of rat IL-6 in plasma or cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Rat IL-6 coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-6 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat IL-6 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-6 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Due to the relatively low abundance of IL-6 in normal rat plasma, this kit may not be suitable for use with this sample type. We have not been able to detect endogenous Rat IL-6 in normal serum with ab100772, only in serum spiked with Rat IL-6.
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Rat IL-6 2 vials IL-6 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Rat IL-6 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
功能Cytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
疾病相关Genetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
序列相似性Belongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
翻译后修饰N- and O-glycosylated.
- Information by UniProt
- Interleukin BSF 2
- B cell differentiation factor
- B cell stimulatory factor 2
ab100772 被引用在 62 文献中.
- Du Z et al. Extracellular vesicles-derived miR-150-5p secreted by adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells inhibits CXCL1 expression to attenuate hepatic fibrosis. J Cell Mol Med 25:701-715 (2021). PubMed: 33342075
- Zhang L et al. Intravenous transplantation of olfactory ensheathing cells reduces neuroinflammation after spinal cord injury via interleukin-1 receptor antagonist. Theranostics 11:1147-1161 (2021). PubMed: 33391526
- Mohamed ME et al. Cardioprotective Effect of Linalool against Isoproterenol-Induced Myocardial Infarction. Life (Basel) 11:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33562483
- Almatroodi SA et al. 6-Gingerol, a Bioactive Compound of Ginger Attenuates Renal Damage in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats by Regulating the Oxidative Stress and Inflammation. Pharmaceutics 13:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33670981
- Alshahrani S et al. Renoprotective effects of cinnamon oil against APAP-Induced nephrotoxicity by ameliorating oxidative stress, apoptosis and inflammation in rats. Saudi Pharm J 29:194-200 (2021). PubMed: 33679180