Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [51RAD01] to Rad51
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1837 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/10. PMID 18663141|
功能Plays an important role in homologous strand exchange, a key step in DNA repair through homologous recombination. Binds to single and double-stranded DNA and exhibits DNA-dependent ATPase activity. Catalyzes the recognition of homology and strand exchange between homologous DNA partners to form a joint molecule between a processed DNA break and the repair template. Binds to single-stranded DNA in an ATP-dependent manner to form nucleoprotein filaments which are essential for the homology search and strand exchange (PubMed:26681308). Part of a PALB2-scaffolded HR complex containing BRCA2 and RAD51C and which is thought to play a role in DNA repair by HR. Plays a role in regulating mitochondrial DNA copy number under conditions of oxidative stress in the presence of RAD51C and XRCC3.
组织特异性Highly expressed in testis and thymus, followed by small intestine, placenta, colon, pancreas and ovary. Weakly expressed in breast.
Mirror movements 2
Defects in RAD51 are found in a patient with microcephaly, mental retardation without bone marrow failure and pediatric cancers.
序列相似性Belongs to the RecA family. RAD51 subfamily.
Contains 1 HhH domain.
结构域The nuclear localization may reside in the C-terminus (between 259 and 339 AA).
翻译后修饰Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXO18) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, regulating RAD51 subcellular location and preventing its association with DNA.
Phosphorylated. Phosphorylation of Thr-309 by CHEK1 may enhance association with chromatin at sites of DNA damage and promote DNA repair by homologous recombination. Phosphorylation by ABL1 inhibits function.
细胞定位Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Mitochondrion matrix. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton, microtubule organizing center, centrosome. Colocalizes with RAD51AP1 and RPA2 to multiple nuclear foci upon induction of DNA damage. DNA damage induces an increase in nuclear levels. Together with FIGNL1, redistributed in discrete nuclear DNA damage-induced foci after ionizing radiation (IR) or camptothecin (CPT) treatment. Accumulated at sites of DNA damage in a SPIDR-dependent manner.
- Information by UniProt
- BRCA1/BRCA2 containing complex, subunit 5 antibody
- BRCC 5 antibody
- BRCC5 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab1837 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab1837, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was goat anti-mouse DyLight® 488 goat (IgG H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Immunofluorescence analysis of wild-type (+/+) and Hormad1-/- (-/-) murine (mouse) zygotene spermatocytes, staining Rad51 with ab1837.
ab1837 被引用在 16 文献中.
- Bodo S et al. Single-dose radiotherapy disables tumor cell homologous recombination via ischemia/reperfusion injury. J Clin Invest 129:786-801 (2019). PubMed: 30480549
- Ho TT et al. Autophagy maintains the metabolism and function of young and old stem cells. Nature 543:205-210 (2017). PubMed: 28241143
- Ganesan S et al. Obesity alters phosphoramide mustard-induced ovarian DNA repair in mice. Biol Reprod 96:491-501 (2017). PubMed: 28203708
- Venkatachalam G et al. Replication stress-induced endogenous DNA damage drives cellular senescence induced by a sub-lethal oxidative stress. Nucleic Acids Res 45:10564-10582 (2017). PubMed: 28985345
- Chu WK et al. FBH1 influences DNA replication fork stability and homologous recombination through ubiquitylation of RAD51. Nat Commun 6:5931 (2015). PubMed: 25585578