Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to Vimentin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgY
参阅全部 Vimentin 一抗
经测试应用适用于: ICC/IFmore details
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region of the Vimentin gene product shared between the mouse (NP_035831, NCBI) and human (NP_003371, NCBI) gene products.
- ICC/IF: Mouse brain
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
(10mM isotonic 0.9% w/v), pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
功能Vimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
组织特异性Highly expressed in fibroblasts, some expression in T- and B-lymphocytes, and little or no expression in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Expressed in many hormone-independent mammary carcinoma cell lines.
序列相似性Belongs to the intermediate filament family.
结构域The central alpha-helical coiled-coil rod region mediates elementary homodimerization.
The [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
翻译后修饰Filament disassembly during mitosis is promoted by phosphorylation at Ser-55 as well as by nestin (By similarity). One of the most prominent phosphoproteins in various cells of mesenchymal origin. Phosphorylation is enhanced during cell division, at which time vimentin filaments are significantly reorganized. Phosphorylation by PKN1 inhibits the formation of filaments. Phosphorylated at Ser-56 by CDK5 during neutrophil secretion in the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by STK33.
O-glycosylated during cytokinesis at sites identical or close to phosphorylation sites, this interferes with the phosphorylation status.
S-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
形式Vimentin is found in connective tissue and in the cytoskeleton.
- CTRCT30 antibody
- Epididymis luminal protein 113 antibody
- FLJ36605 antibody
ab39376 被引用在 8 文献中.
- Treviño-Villarreal JH et al. Down-Regulation of a Profibrotic Transforming Growth Factor-β1/Cellular Communication Network Factor 2/Matrix Metalloprotease 9 Axis by Triamcinolone Improves Idiopathic Subglottic Stenosis. Am J Pathol 191:1412-1430 (2021). PubMed: 34111429
- Sinkey RG et al. Thrombin-Induced Decidual Colony-Stimulating Factor-2 Promotes Abruption-Related Preterm Birth by Weakening Fetal Membranes. Am J Pathol 190:388-399 (2020). PubMed: 31955792
- Mong EF et al. Chromosome 19 microRNA cluster enhances cell reprogramming by inhibiting epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Sci Rep 10:3029 (2020). PubMed: 32080251
- Su N et al. Occurrence of Transmembrane Protein 119 in the Retina is Not Restricted to the Microglia: An Immunohistochemical Study. Transl Vis Sci Technol 8:29 (2019). PubMed: 31853425
- Guzeloglu-Kayisli O et al. Mechanisms of chorioamnionitis-associated preterm birth: interleukin-1β inhibits progesterone receptor expression in decidual cells. J Pathol 237:423-34 (2015). PubMed: 26175191
- Mulholland DJ et al. Pten loss and RAS/MAPK activation cooperate to promote EMT and metastasis initiated from prostate cancer stem/progenitor cells. Cancer Res 72:1878-89 (2012). IHC . PubMed: 22350410
- Schilte C et al. Type I IFN controls chikungunya virus via its action on nonhematopoietic cells. J Exp Med 207:429-42 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 20123960
- Lawson DA et al. Basal epithelial stem cells are efficient targets for prostate cancer initiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2610-5 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20133806