Key features and details
- Guinea pig polyclonal to PDX1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
参阅全部 PDX1 一抗
经测试应用适用于: ICC/IFmore details
Recombinant fragment. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
功能Activates insulin, somatostatin, glucokinase, islet amyloid polypeptide and glucose transporter type 2 gene transcription. Particularly involved in glucose-dependent regulation of insulin gene transcription. Binds preferentially the DNA motif 5'-[CT]TAAT[TG]-3'. During development, specifies the early pancreatic epithelium, permitting its proliferation, branching and subsequent differentiation. At adult stage, required for maintaining the hormone-producing phenotype of the beta-cell.
组织特异性Duodenum and pancreas (Langerhans islet beta cells and small subsets of endocrine non-beta-cells, at low levels in acinar cells).
疾病相关Defects in PDX1 are a cause of pancreatic agenesis (PAC) [MIM:260370]. This autosomal recessive disorder is characterized by absence or hypoplasia of pancreas, leading to early-onset insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. This was found in a frameshift mutation that produces a truncated protein and results in a second initiation that produces a second protein that act as a dominant negative mutant.
Defects in PDX1 are a cause of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853]; also known as diabetes mellitus type 2. NIDDM is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset during adulthood and insulin resistance.
Defects in PDX1 are the cause of maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 4 (MODY4) [MIM:606392]; also symbolized MODY-4. MODY is a form of diabetes that is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset in childhood or early adulthood (usually before 25 years of age), a primary defect in insulin secretion and frequent insulin-independence at the beginning of the disease.
序列相似性Belongs to the Antp homeobox family. IPF1/XlHbox-8 subfamily.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
结构域The Antp-type hexapeptide mediates heterodimerization with PBX on a regulatory element of the somatostatin promoter.
The homeodomain, which contains the nuclear localization signal, not only mediates DNA-binding, but also acts as a protein-protein interaction domain for TCF3(E47), NEUROD1 and HMG-I(Y).
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated by the SAPK2 pathway at high intracellular glucose concentration.
- Information by UniProt
- Glucose sensitive factor antibody
- Glucose-sensitive factor antibody
- GSF antibody
ab47308 被引用在 40 文献中.
- Cujba AM et al. An HNF1α truncation associated with maturity-onset diabetes of the young impairs pancreatic progenitor differentiation by antagonizing HNF1β function. Cell Rep 38:110425 (2022). PubMed: 35235779
- Pedraza-Arevalo S et al. Differentiation of beta-like cells from human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived pancreatic progenitor organoids. STAR Protoc 3:101656 (2022). PubMed: 36092820
- Mir-Coll J et al. Human Islet Microtissues as an In Vitro and an In Vivo Model System for Diabetes. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33670429
- Koike H et al. Engineering human hepato-biliary-pancreatic organoids from pluripotent stem cells. Nat Protoc 16:919-936 (2021). PubMed: 33432231
- Nasteska D et al. PDX1LOW MAFALOW ß-cells contribute to islet function and insulin release. Nat Commun 12:674 (2021). PubMed: 33514698