Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EED
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human, Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgG
参阅全部 EED 一抗
经测试应用适用于: WB, ICC/IFmore details
种属反应性与反应: Human, Recombinant fragment
预测可用于: Mouse, Chicken, Cow, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- WB: Human Recombinant EED Protein, HAP1, HeLa and HepG2 cell lysates ICC/IF: U-2 OS cells
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
功能Polycomb group (PcG) protein. Component of the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex, which methylates 'Lys-9' and 'Lys-27' of histone H3, leading to transcriptional repression of the affected target gene. The PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex may also serve as a recruiting platform for DNA methyltransferases, thereby linking two epigenetic repression systems. Genes repressed by the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex include HOXC8, HOXA9, MYT1 and CDKN2A.
组织特异性Expressed in brain, colon, heart, kidney, liver, lung, muscle, ovary, peripheral blood leukocytes, pancreas, placenta, prostate, spleen, small intestine, testis, thymus and uterus. Appears to be overexpressed in breast and colon cancer.
序列相似性Belongs to the WD repeat ESC family.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
发展阶段Expression peaks at the G1/S phase boundary.
细胞定位Nucleus. Chromosome. Transiently colocalizes with XIST at inactive X chromosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- eed antibody
- EED protein antibody
- EED, mouse, homolog of antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: EED knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab4469 observed at 55 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab4469 was shown to recognize EED in wild-type HAP1 cells along with additional cross-reactive bands. No band was observed when EED knockout samples were examined. Wild-type and EED knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab4469 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/250 and 1/1000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Rabbit polyclonal to EED (ab4469) on U-2 OS (Human bone osteosarcoma epithelial cell line) cells. Antibody used at 1/100.
U-2 OS cells were fixed with PFA (3.7%), permeabilised with PBS 0.1% Triton. Counterstained with Hoechst. Cells were examined with Axioplan 2 microscope (Zeiss).
Secondary antibody: donkey anti-rabbit (Cy3).
Anti-EED antibody (ab4469) at 1/250 dilution + EED Recombinant Protein (Human) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab4469 recognizes the full-length recombinant EED protein which has an expected molecular weight of 80 kDa (tagged).
ab4469 被引用在 31 文献中.
- Deshayes F et al. Link between the EZH2 noncanonical pathway and microtubule organization center polarization during early T lymphopoiesis. Sci Rep 12:3655 (2022). PubMed: 35256668
- Gonzalez ME et al. EZH2 T367 phosphorylation activates p38 signaling through lysine methylation to promote breast cancer progression. iScience 25:104827 (2022). PubMed: 35992062
- Boulay G et al. The chromatin landscape of primary synovial sarcoma organoids is linked to specific epigenetic mechanisms and dependencies. Life Sci Alliance 4:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33361335
- Ngan CY et al. Chromatin interaction analyses elucidate the roles of PRC2-bound silencers in mouse development. Nat Genet 52:264-272 (2020). PubMed: 32094912
- Ma P et al. RNF220 is required for cerebellum development and regulates medulloblastoma progression through epigenetic modulation of Shh signaling. Development 147:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32376680