Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
产品名称Anti-COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix蛋白抗体
参阅全部 COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein 一抗
描述兔多克隆抗体to COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix蛋白
经测试应用适用于: WBmore details
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Rat COMP/Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (C terminal).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
存储溶液Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.
功能May play a role in the structural integrity of cartilage via its interaction with other extracellular matrix proteins such as the collagens and fibronectin. Can mediate the interaction of chondrocytes with the cartilage extracellular matrix through interaction with cell surface integrin receptors. Could play a role in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis. Potent suppressor of apoptosis in both primary chondrocytes and transformed cells. Suppresses apoptosis by blocking the activation of caspase-3 and by inducing the IAP family of survival proteins (BIRC3, BIRC2, BIRC5 and XIAP). Essential for maintaining a vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) contractile/differentiated phenotype under physiological and pathological stimuli. Maintains this phenotype of VSMCs by interacting with ITGA7.
组织特异性Abundantly expressed in the chondrocyte extracellular matrix, and is also found in bone, tendon, ligament and synovium and blood vessels. Increased amounts are produced during late stages of osteoarthritis in the area adjacent to the main defect.
疾病相关Defects in COMP are the cause of multiple epiphyseal dysplasia type 1 (EDM1) [MIM:132400]. EDM is a generalized skeletal dysplasia associated with significant morbidity. Joint pain, joint deformity, waddling gait, and short stature are the main clinical signs and symptoms. EDM is broadly categorized into the more severe Fairbank and the milder Ribbing types.
Defects in COMP are the cause of pseudoachondroplasia (PSACH) [MIM:177170]. PSAC is a dominantly inherited chondrodysplasia characterized by short stature and early-onset osteoarthrosis. PSACH is more severe than EDM1 and is recognized in early childhood.
序列相似性Belongs to the thrombospondin family.
Contains 4 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 TSP C-terminal (TSPC) domain.
Contains 8 TSP type-3 repeats.
发展阶段Present during the earliest stages of limb maturation and is later found in regions where the joints develop.
结构域The cell attachment motif mediates the attachment to chondrocytes. It mediates the induction of both the IAP family of survival proteins and the antiapoptotic response.
The TSP C-terminal domain mediates interaction with FN1 and ACAN.
细胞定位Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (pseudoachondroplasia, epiphyseal dysplasia 1, multiple) antibody
- Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein antibody
- Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein precursor antibody
ab42225 被引用在 5 文献中.
- Fu Y et al. Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein is an endogenous ß-arrestin-2-selective allosteric modulator of AT1 receptor counteracting vascular injury. Cell Res 31:773-790 (2021). PubMed: 33510386
- Mu Y et al. Upregulation of ADAMTS-7 and downregulation of COMP are associated with spontaneous abortion. Mol Med Rep 19:2620-2626 (2019). PubMed: 30720083
- Mahmod SA et al. Phytoestrogen (Daidzein) Promotes Chondrogenic Phenotype of Human Chondrocytes in 2D and 3D Culture Systems. Tissue Eng Regen Med 14:103-112 (2017). PubMed: 30603467
- Wu W et al. Association of ADAMTS-7 Levels with Cardiac Function in a Rat Model of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Cell Physiol Biochem 38:950-8 (2016). PubMed: 26938210
- Du Y et al. Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein inhibits vascular smooth muscle calcification by interacting with bone morphogenetic protein-2. Circ Res 108:917-28 (2011). PubMed: 21350216