Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 25 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
参阅全部 Adiponectin 试剂盒
样品类型Cell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
灵敏度< 25 pg/ml
< 96 %
特定样本回收率 样品类型 平均% 范围 Cell culture supernatant 96.59 83% - 107% Serum 93.57 83% - 104% Plasma 90.29 80% - 103%
实验步骤Multiple steps standard assay
Abcam’s Human Adiponectin ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Adiponectin in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Adiponectin coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Adiponectin present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Adiponectin antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Adiponectin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 80x HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Adiponectin Microplate with anti-human Adiponectin. 1 unit Assay Diluent A 2 x 30ml Assay Diluent C 2 x 15ml Biotinylated Anti-Human Adiponectin 2 vials Standard Recombinant Human Adiponectin (Lyophilized). 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
功能Important adipokine involved in the control of fat metabolism and insulin sensitivity, with direct anti-diabetic, anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory activities. Stimulates AMPK phosphorylation and activation in the liver and the skeletal muscle, enhancing glucose utilization and fatty-acid combustion. Antagonizes TNF-alpha by negatively regulating its expression in various tissues such as liver and macrophages, and also by counteracting its effects. Inhibits endothelial NF-kappa-B signaling through a cAMP-dependent pathway. May play a role in cell growth, angiogenesis and tissue remodeling by binding and sequestering various growth factors with distinct binding affinities, depending on the type of complex, LMW, MMW or HMW.
组织特异性Synthesized exclusively by adipocytes and secreted into plasma.
疾病相关Defects in ADIPOQ are the cause of adiponectin deficiency (ADPND) [MIM:612556]. ADPND results in very low concentrations of plasma adiponectin.
Genetic variations in ADIPOQ are associated with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853]; also known as diabetes mellitus type 2. NIDDM is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset during adulthood and insulin resistance.
序列相似性Contains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
结构域The C1q domain is commonly called the globular domain.
翻译后修饰Hydroxylated Lys-33 was not identified in PubMed:16497731, probably due to poor representation of the N-terminal peptide in mass fingerprinting.
HMW complexes are more extensively glycosylated than smaller oligomers. Hydroxylation and glycosylation of the lysine residues within the collagene-like domain of adiponectin seem to be critically involved in regulating the formation and/or secretion of HMW complexes and consequently contribute to the insulin-sensitizing activity of adiponectin in hepatocytes.
O-glycosylated. Not N-glycosylated. O-linked glycans on hydroxylysines consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups. Sialylated to varying degrees depending on tissue. Thr-22 appears to be the major site of sialylation. Higher sialylation found in SGBS adipocytes than in HEK fibroblasts. Sialylation is not required neither for heterodimerization nor for secretion. Not sialylated on the glycosylated hydroxylysines. Desialylated forms are rapidly cleared from the circulation.
- Information by UniProt
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement related protein
- 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein
Adiponectin measured in biological fluids showing quantity (pg) per mL of tested sample. Human serum and plasma were diluted 2700-24300 fold. Rat and mouse serum were diluted 1-3 fold. Human urine and saliva were diluted 300-2700 fold.
Representative Standard Curve using ab99968
Representative Standard Curve using ab99968
ab99968 被引用在 23 文献中.
- Mackowiak-Lewandowicz K et al. Chronic kidney disease predictors in obese adolescents. Pediatr Nephrol 37:2479-2488 (2022). PubMed: 35211791
- He Z et al. Effects of Oral Vitamin C Supplementation on Liver Health and Associated Parameters in Patients With Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Front Nutr 8:745609 (2021). PubMed: 34595203
- Lorè NI et al. CXCL10 levels at hospital admission predict COVID-19 outcome: hierarchical assessment of 53 putative inflammatory biomarkers in an observational study. Mol Med 27:129 (2021). PubMed: 34663207
- Metwalli O et al. Study of Some Inflammatory Mediators in the Serum of Patients With Atherosclerosis and Acute Myocardial Infarction. Cureus 13:e18450 (2021). PubMed: 34745775
- Martínez-Soto JM et al. Increased serum ferritin is associated with oxidized low-density lipoprotein in prediabetes patients: A pilot study. Heliyon 7:e06720 (2021). PubMed: 33912708