Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 2 hr
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Tissue Extracts
样品类型Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
Abcam's Caspase-8 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) provides a simple and convenient means for assaying the activity of caspases that recognize the sequence IETD. The assay is based on detection of cleavage of substrate IETD-AFC (AFC: 7-amino-4-trifluoromethyl coumarin). IETD-AFC emits blue light (?max = 400 nm); upon cleavage of the substrate by caspase 8 or related caspases, free AFC emits a yellow-green fluorescence (?max = 505 nm), which can be quantified using a fluorometer or a fluorescence microtiter plate reader.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K112 Caspase-8 Fluorometric Assay Kit. K112-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab39534.
Activation of ICE-family proteases/caspases initiates apoptosis in mammalian cells.
Other caspase and apoptosis assays
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT 1 x 400µl IETD-AFC 1 x 500µl
相关性Caspases are cysteine proteases, expressed as inactive precursors, that mediate apoptosis by proteolysis of specific substrates. Caspases have the ability to cleave after aspartic acid residues. There are two classes of caspases involved in apoptosis; initiators (activation by receptor cluster) and effectors (activation by mitochondrial permeability transition). Proapoptotic signals autocatalytically activate initiator caspases, such as Caspase 8 and Caspase 9. Activated initiator caspases then process effector caspases, such as Caspase 3 and Caspase 7, which in turn cause cell collapse.
- Apoptotic cysteine protease
ab39534 被引用在 12 文献中.
- Gutierrez DA et al. Identification of a Potent Cytotoxic Pyrazole with Anti-Breast Cancer Activity That Alters Multiple Pathways. Cells 11:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35053370
- Butsri S et al. All-trans-retinoic acid induces RARB-dependent apoptosis via ROS induction and enhances cisplatin sensitivity by NRF2 downregulation in cholangiocarcinoma cells. Oncol Lett 23:179 (2022). PubMed: 35464301
- Palafox MF et al. From chemoproteomic-detected amino acids to genomic coordinates: insights into precise multi-omic data integration. Mol Syst Biol 17:e9840 (2021). PubMed: 33599394
- Buvall L et al. Orellanine specifically targets renal clear cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:91085-91098 (2017). Functional Studies . PubMed: 29207627
- Bailey LJ et al. Augmented trophoblast cell death in preeclampsia can proceed via ceramide-mediated necroptosis. Cell Death Dis 8:e2590 (2017). PubMed: 28151467