Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 2 hr
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Tissue Extracts
参阅全部 Caspase-1 试剂盒
样品类型Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
Caspase-1 Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab39412) provides a simple and convenient method for detecting the activity of caspase-1, which recognizes the sequence YVAD.
The caspase-1 assay protocol is based on the cleavage of substrate YVAD-AFC (AFC: 7-amino-4-trifluoromethyl coumarin). YVAD-AFC emits blue light (Em=400 nm); upon cleavage of the substrate by caspase-1 or related caspases, free AFC emits a yellow-green fluorescence (Ex/Em=400/505 nm), which can be quantified using a fluorometer or a fluorecence microtiter plate reader. Comparison of the fluorescence from a treated sample with an untreated control allows determination of the fold increase in caspase-1 activity.
Caspase-1 assay protocol summary:
- add samples to wells
- add reaction buffer and YVAD-AFC substrate and incubate for 1-2 hr
- analyze with a microplate reader
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K110 Caspase-1 Fluorometric Assay Kit. K110-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab39412.
Caspase-1 (ICE, IL-1beta Converting Enzyme) is the prototypical member of the ICE family of proteases/caspases.
Other caspase and apoptosis assays
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 100 tests 2X Reaction Buffer 4 x 2ml Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 100ml DTT 1 x 0.4ml YVAD-AFC 1 x 0.5ml
相关性Caspases are a family of cysteine proteases that are key mediators of programmed cell death or apoptosis. The precursor form of all caspases is composed of a prodomain, and large and small catalytic subunits. The active forms of caspases are generated by several stimuli including ligand-receptor interactions, growth factor deprivation and inhibitors of cellular functions. All known caspases require cleavage adjacent to aspartates to liberate one large and one small subunit, which associate into a2b2 tetramer to form the active enzyme. Caspase 1 is similar to the cell death gene CED3 of C. elegans and regulates multiple proinflammatory cytokines, including Interleukin 1b and interferon-gamma-inducing factor. Caspase 1 plays a role in down stream of Caspase 8 which is involved in Fas-mediated apoptosis.
- CASP1 nirs variant 1
Badding M.A et al investigated the cytotoxicity of Indium-tin oxide (ITO). Previously,ITO had shown to be cytotoxic in cultured cells and pro-inflammatory in pulmonary animal models. ITO is used to make transparent conductive coatings for touch screens and liquid crystal display electronics. RAW cells were plated at 5 x 105 cells/well and treated with SITO, LPS, or Min-U-sil (cells were first primed with LPS). Cells were washed, lysed, and 100 μg of lysates were assayed using Caspase 1 assay kit (ab39412). PBS was used as a control. All conditions were run in duplicate wells and three independent experiments were performed for each time point.
Titration of the caspase 1 (ab39901) (background signal subtracted, duplicates; +/- SD).
ab39412 被引用在 32 文献中.
- Dao W et al. RGS6 Drives Spinal Cord Injury by Inhibiting AMPK Pathway in Mice. Dis Markers 2022:4535652 (2022). PubMed: 35510037
- Xu Z et al. Card9 protects sepsis by regulating Ripk2-mediated activation of NLRP3 inflammasome in macrophages. Cell Death Dis 13:502 (2022). PubMed: 35618701
- Iban-Arias R et al. Role of Polyphenol-Derived Phenolic Acid in Mitigation of Inflammasome-Mediated Anxiety and Depression. Biomedicines 10:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35740286
- Wu D et al. Disruption of C/EBPβ-Clec7a axis exacerbates neuroinflammatory injury via NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated pyroptosis in experimental neuropathic pain. J Transl Med 20:583 (2022). PubMed: 36503542
- Ramos-Martinez E et al. Enhanced Activity of NLRP3 Inflammasome in the Lung of Patients with Anti-Synthetase Syndrome. Cells 12:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36611853