Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Piwi
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
- Isotype: IgG
经测试应用适用于: WBmore details
种属反应性与反应: Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Drosophila embryo nuclear extract
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
相关性Piwi mediates a somatic signaling mechanism required for the maintenance of germline stem cells to produce and maintain a daughter germline stem cell. It is not essential for the further differentiation of the committed daughter cell. Acts cell autonomously to promote germline stem cell division. It is expressed somatically in the ovariole terminal filament and epithelial sheath cells. Expressed in the germarium at low levels during oogenesis stages 1-6, at a lower level during stages 7-9, strongly at stage 10 and eventually accumulating in early embryos.
- P-element induced wimpy testis antibody
- Piwi antibody
Anti-Piwi antibody (ab5207) at 1 µg/ml + Drosophila embryo nuclear extract (from melanogaster embryos 0-12Hr) at 20 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 97 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 53 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Drosophila embryo lysate, 8% TRIS SDS-PAGE.Drosophila embryo lysate, 8% TRIS SDS-PAGE. The arrow indicates Piwi at a predicted MW of 90 kDa. Pre-immune sera was used as a control and showed no equivalent band (data not shown). Ahmet Denli
The arrow indicates Piwi at a predicted MW of 90 kDa.
Pre-immune sera was used as a control and showed no equivalent band (data not shown).
ab5207 被引用在 8 文献中.
- Jiménez-Merino J et al. Putative stem cells in the hemolymph and in the intestinal submucosa of the solitary ascidian Styela plicata. Evodevo 10:31 (2019). PubMed: 31788180
- Jeffery WR Distal Regeneration Involves the Age Dependent Activity of Branchial Sac Stem Cells in the Ascidian Ciona intestinalis. Regeneration (Oxf) 2:1-18 (2015). PubMed: 25893097
- Patil VS et al. The Tudor domain protein Tapas, a homolog of the vertebrate Tdrd7, functions in the piRNA pathway to regulate retrotransposons in germline of Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Biol 12:61 (2014). WB ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 25287931
- Dufourt J et al. Spatio-temporal requirements for transposable element piRNA-mediated silencing during Drosophila oogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2013). IHC-P ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 24288375
- Moshkovich N et al. RNAi-independent role for Argonaute2 in CTCF/CP190 chromatin insulator function. Genes Dev 25:1686-701 (2011). WB ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 21852534
- Klenov MS et al. Separation of stem cell maintenance and transposon silencing functions of Piwi protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18760-5 (2011). PubMed: 22065765
- Brown FD et al. Whole body regeneration in a colonial ascidian, Botrylloides violaceus. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 312:885-900 (2009). PubMed: 19588490
- Rosner A et al. Vasa and the germ line lineage in a colonial urochordate. Dev Biol 331:113-28 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19406116