Key features and details
- Assay type: Direct
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Other biological fluids
- Sensitivity: 40 %
产品名称PEG Virus Precipitation试剂盒
样品类型Other biological fluids, Cell culture media
灵敏度> 40 %
范围40 % - 100 %
Abcam's PEG Virus Precipitation Kit provides an easy, convenient and time-saving method to concentrate viruses without ultra-centrifugation. The kit can be used for small lab samples or large scale virus preparation with high yield and high viral titer. The kit can be used to concentrate retroviruses, baculoviruses, lentiviruses, and phages etc. in cell culture medium or environmental samples. Viruses can be concentrated over 100 fold. An optimized Virus Re-suspension Solution is provided to maximize viral recovery by 40-100% depending on the virus type and sources. The whole process uses non-toxic reagents. The concentrated virus can be used for infection, viral DNA or RNA purification, etc.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K904 PEG Virus Precipitation Kit. K904-50 is the same size as the 50 test size of ab102538.
Viruses are usually produced at a low titer. They often need to be concentrated for storage or further applications. A quick, easy and inexpensive method is desired to concentrate viruses and remove impurities.
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 50 tests PEG Solution 1 x 125ml Virus Re-suspension Solution 1 x 10ml
相关性Virus is usually produced at a low titer. It often needs to be concentrated for storage or further applications. A quick, easy and inexpensive method is desired to concentrate virus and remove impurities. PEG (Polyethylene glycol) Virus Precipitation provides an easy, convenient and time-saving method to concentrate virus without ultra-centrifugation.
- Polyethylene glycol virus
Concentration of baculovirus: Low titer baculovirus (10 ml) expressing human Granzyme B was precipitated following the kit protocol and the precipitate was suspended in 1 ml of Virus Re-suspension Solution. Both low titer and precipitated baculovirus was subsequently used to infect SF9 Insect cells. The activity of recombinant Granzyme B secreted into the culture medium by low titer and precipitated baculovirus infected insect cells was monitored using ab157403 - Granzyme B Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric).
ab102538 被引用在 12 文献中.
- Zhang C et al. KDM6A promotes imatinib resistance through YY1-mediated transcriptional upregulation of TRKA independently of its demethylase activity in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Theranostics 11:2691-2705 (2021). PubMed: 33456567
- Oguntuyo KY et al. Quantifying Absolute Neutralization Titers against SARS-CoV-2 by a Standardized Virus Neutralization Assay Allows for Cross-Cohort Comparisons of COVID-19 Sera. mBio 12:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33593976
- Ball DP et al. Caspase-1 interdomain linker cleavage is required for pyroptosis. Life Sci Alliance 3:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32051255
- Alvarez KLF et al. An EdU-based flow cytometry assay to evaluate chicken T lymphocyte proliferation. BMC Vet Res 16:230 (2020). PubMed: 32631319
- Oguntuyo KY et al. Quantifying absolute neutralization titers against SARS-CoV-2 by a standardized virus neutralization assay allows for cross-cohort comparisons of COVID-19 sera. medRxiv N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32817961