Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDE6 beta/PDE6B
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
描述兔多克隆抗体to PDE6 beta/PDE6B
经测试应用适用于: IHC-P, WB, IHC-Frmore details
种属反应性与反应: Mouse, Cow, Human
This product was previously labelled as PDE6 beta
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody说明The second messengers cAMP and cGMP are key regulatory molecules that are involved in a wide variety of signal transduction pathways, such as insulin secretion, platelet aggregation, smooth muscle relaxation, olfaction, and vision. Levels of cAMP and cGMP are regulated by their rate of synthesis by nucleotide cyclases and by their rate of hydrolysis by cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDEs). PDEs form a superfamily of enzymes that catalyze the conversion of 3-prime, 5-prime-cyclic nucleotides to the corresponding nucleoside 5-prime-monophosphates. While mammalian PDEs are divided into major families based on their substrate specificities, kinetic properties, allosteric regulators, inhibitor sensitivities, and amino acid sequences, each family and even members within a family display distinct tissue, cell, and subcellular expression patters. This suggests that individual PDE family members are involved in discrete signal transduction pathways. PDE6 is the effector enzyme in the G protein-mediated signal transduction cascade in the visual system. There are five different subunits consisting of rod and cone specific catalytic subunits: alpha’ (Cone), alpha (Rod), and beta (Rod), the inhibitory subunit gamma, and subunit delta of unknown function (which likely interacts with many other proteins besides the PDE6 family). The catalytic core of the PDE6 system is comprised of alpha’/alpha’ homodimers in the cone and alpha/beta heterodimers in the rod. The C-terminus of both the catalytic and inhibitory subunits is modified by methylation, myristyolation and prenylation which have been shown to be critical for proper complex assembly and membrane association.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5663 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
功能This protein participates in processes of transmission and amplification of the visual signal. Necessary for the formation of a functional phosphodiesterase holoenzyme.
疾病相关Defects in PDE6B are the cause of retinitis pigmentosa type 40 (RP40) [MIM:613801]. RP40 is a retinal dystrophy belonging to the group of pigmentary retinopathies. Retinitis pigmentosa is characterized by retinal pigment deposits visible on fundus examination and primary loss of rod photoreceptor cells followed by secondary loss of cone photoreceptors. Patients typically have night vision blindness and loss of midperipheral visual field. As their condition progresses, they lose their far peripheral visual field and eventually central vision as well.
Defects in PDE6B are a cause of congenital stationary night blindness autosomal dominant type 2 (CSNBAD2) [MIM:163500]; also known as congenital stationary night blindness Rambusch type. Congenital stationary night blindness is a non-progressive retinal disorder characterized by impaired night vision.
序列相似性Belongs to the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase family.
Contains 2 GAF domains.
- Information by UniProt
- 5''-cyclic phosphodiesterase subunit beta antibody
- Congenital stationary night blindness 3 autosomal dominant antibody
- CSNB 3 antibody
Western blot of PDE6 beta/PDE6B using ab5663.
Lane 1 demostrates no detection on extracts of RD mice.
Lane 2 shows a single band at ~90 kDa on Balb/C extracts.
Immunofluorescences on frozen secions of mouse retina outer segments after staining with ab5663.
IHC image of ab5663 staining in mouse normal eye formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab5663, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab5663 被引用在 8 文献中.
- Yan W et al. A Natural Occurring Mouse Model with Adgrv1 Mutation of Usher Syndrome 2C and Characterization of its Recombinant Inbred Strains. Cell Physiol Biochem 47:1883-1897 (2018). PubMed: 29961073
- Sanges D et al. Reprogramming Müller glia via in vivo cell fusion regenerates murine photoreceptors. J Clin Invest 126:3104-3116 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27427986
- Emoto Y et al. Green tea extract suppresses N-methyl-N-nitrosourea-induced photoreceptor apoptosis in Sprague-Dawley rats. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 252:1377-84 (2014). PubMed: 25012920
- Demontis GC et al. Functional and molecular characterization of rod-like cells from retinal stem cells derived from the adult ciliary epithelium. PLoS One 7:e33338 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 22432014
- Grossman GH et al. Immunocytochemical evidence of Tulp1-dependent outer segment protein transport pathways in photoreceptor cells. Exp Eye Res 93:658-68 (2011). PubMed: 21867699
- Goto M et al. Phosphodiesterase inhibitors block the acceleration of skin permeability barrier repair by red light. Exp Dermatol 20:568-71 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21410772
- Giordano F et al. Fibroblast growth factor and epidermal growth factor differently affect differentiation of murine retinal stem cells in vitro. Mol Vis 13:1842-50 (2007). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 17960120
- Olshevskaya EV et al. The Y99C mutation in guanylyl cyclase-activating protein 1 increases intracellular Ca2+ and causes photoreceptor degeneration in transgenic mice. J Neurosci 24:6078-85 (2004). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 15240799