Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Pdd1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Tetrahymena
- Isotype: IgG
经测试应用适用于: WB, ICCmore details
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Tetrahymena Pdd1 aa 300-400 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5338 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 64 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
相关性The PDD1 gene sequence predicts a novel polypeptide containing two copies of a chromodomain, a conserved domain found in a number of heterochromatin-associated proteins (Koonin et al. 1995). Consistent with this finding, Pdd1p localizes to electron-dense heterochromatic structures that concentrate at the periphery of macronuclear anlagen during the time when DNA deletion occurs.
- SwissProt: Q94996 Tetrahymena
- p65 antibody
- Pdd 1 antibody
- Pdd 1p antibody
ab5338 staining Pdd1 in wild-type Tetrahymena sp. cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in methanol. The primary antibody was diluted 1/250 in TBS + 1% Goat Serum and incubated with the sample for 18 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal, diluted 1/1000.
All lanes : Anti-Pdd1 antibody (ab5338) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type Tetrahymena sp. Starved Tetrahymena, do not express pdd1p (hour 0)
Lane 2 : Wild-type Tetrahymena sp. Conjugating Tetrahymena, peak of pdd1p expression (hour 9)
Lysates/proteins at 15000 cells per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 64 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab5338 被引用在 17 文献中.
- Garg J et al. The Med31 Conserved Component of the Divergent Mediator Complex in Tetrahymena thermophila Participates in Developmental Regulation. Curr Biol 29:2371-2379.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31280994
- Noto T & Mochizuki K Small RNA-Mediated trans-Nuclear and trans-Element Communications in Tetrahymena DNA Elimination. Curr Biol 28:1938-1949.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29887308
- Kataoka K & Mochizuki K Heterochromatin aggregation during DNA elimination in Tetrahymena is facilitated by a prion-like protein. J Cell Sci 130:480-489 (2017). ICC/IF ; Tetrahymena . PubMed: 27909245
- Farley BM & Collins K Transgenerational function of Tetrahymena Piwi protein Twi8p at distinctive noncoding RNA loci. RNA 23:530-545 (2017). PubMed: 28053272
- Suhren JH et al. Negative Regulators of an RNAi-Heterochromatin Positive Feedback Loop Safeguard Somatic Genome Integrity in Tetrahymena. Cell Rep 18:2494-2507 (2017). PubMed: 28273462