Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% n/a
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P
参阅全部 Collagen VI 蛋白酶
纯度> 95 % n/a.
This product has been prepared from human placenta and is chromatographically and immunologically pure.
蛋白长度Full length protein
额外的序列信息Prepared from Human Placenta.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7538 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)
This product is free from other collagens, human serum proteins and non-collagen extracellular matrix proteins. This product reacts with anti-Collagen Type VI. Reaction with anti-Collagen I, II, III, IV or V is negligible (typically less than 1% cross reactivity was detected by ELISA).
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Diluted stock solutions should be used immediately and not be frozen. Please see notes section. Store undiluted.
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituent: 3% Acetic acid
- Alpha 1 (VI) chain (61 AA)
功能Collagen VI acts as a cell-binding protein.
疾病相关Defects in COL6A1 are a cause of Bethlem myopathy (BM) [MIM:158810]. BM is a rare autosomal dominant proximal myopathy characterized by early childhood onset (complete penetrance by the age of 5) and joint contractures most frequently affecting the elbows and ankles.
Defects in COL6A1 are a cause of Ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy (UCMD) [MIM:254090]; also known as Ullrich scleroatonic muscular dystrophy. UCMD is an autosomal recessive congenital myopathy characterized by muscle weakness and multiple joint contractures, generally noted at birth or early infancy. The clinical course is more severe than in Bethlem myopathy.
序列相似性Belongs to the type VI collagen family.
Contains 3 VWFA domains.
翻译后修饰Prolines at the third position of the tripeptide repeating unit (G-X-Y) are hydroxylated in some or all of the chains.
细胞定位Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab7538 被引用在 4 文献中.
- Holm Nielsen S et al. A Fragment of Collagen Type VI alpha-3 chain is Elevated in Serum from Patients with Gastrointestinal Disorders. Sci Rep 10:5910 (2020). PubMed: 32245981
- Wishart AL et al. Decellularized extracellular matrix scaffolds identify full-length collagen VI as a driver of breast cancer cell invasion in obesity and metastasis. Sci Adv 6:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33087348
- Spiers RM et al. Donor age significantly influences the Raman spectroscopic biomolecular fingerprint of human pancreatic extracellular matrix proteins following collagenase-based digestion. Acta Biomater 99:269-283 (2019). PubMed: 31525537
- Veidal SS et al. MMP Mediated Degradation of Type VI Collagen Is Highly Associated with Liver Fibrosis - Identification and Validation of a Novel Biochemical Marker Assay. PLoS One 6:e24753 (2011). PubMed: 21935455