产品名称MTS Assay试剂盒(Cell Proliferation) (Colorimetric)
参阅全部 Cell viability/proliferation 试剂盒
样品类型Adherent cells, Suspension cells
MTS Assay Kit ab197010 uses a colorimetric method for the sensitive quantification of viable cells. It is based on a single ready-to-use reagent. The MTS assay is used to assess cell proliferation, cell viability and cytotoxicity.
The MTS assay protocol is based on the reduction of the MTS tetrazolium compound by viable mammalian cells (and cells from other species) to generate a colored formazan dye that is soluble in cell culture media. This conversion is thought to be carried out by NAD(P)H-dependent dehydrogenase enzymes in metabolically active cells. The formazan dye is quantified by measuring the absorbance at 490-500 nm.
MTS assay protocol summary:
- add MTS reagent to cell culture media
- incubate for 0.5 - 4 hours in standard culture conditions
- shake plate briefly and measure absorbance at 490 nm.
The MTS assay is suitable for standard cell culture plates or 96-well and other microtitre well plates.
MTS assays are often used for the measurement of cell proliferation in response to growth factors, cytokines, mitogens, and nutrients, etc. They are also used for the analysis of cytotoxic compounds like anticancer drugs and other toxic agents.
How other researchers have used MTS Assay Kit ab197010
The MTS assay kit has been used in publications with a variety of cell lines and primary cells, including:
FB671 fibroblasts1, HUVEC and 4T1 cells2, IBRS-2 pig kidney cells3, mouse mesangial kidney cells4, human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PANC-1) and normal dermal fibroblast 3D co-cultures5, human primary fibroblasts6, human HuccT1 cholangiocarcinoma cells7, human glioma cell line8, human embryonic kidney cell line9, human 97L liver cancer cell line10, canine and human PBMCs11
References: 1-Seminotti B et al 2019, 2-Amirshaghaghi A et al 2019, 3-Li SF et al 2019, 4-Widowati W et al 2018, 5-Betriu N and Semino CE 2018, 6-Leipnitz G et al 2018, 7-Lin HY et al 2018, 8-Nadaradjane A et al 2018, 9-Broguiere et al 2018, 10-Zhang K et al 2018, 11-Gardin C et al 2018
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 500 tests 2500 tests 250 tests 5000 tests 10000 tests MTS Reagent 1 x 10ml 1 x 50ml 1 x 5ml 1 x 100ml 1 x 200ml
相关性Cell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
- Cell Cytotoxicity
- cell tracking
Jurkat cells were cultured at different densities overnight at 37°C in a final volume of 200 µL/well. MTS reagent was added and absorbance at OD=490 nm was recorded using ELISA plate reader. Each point represents a mean of 3 replicates. Assay was performed according to the kit protocol.
Amirshaghaghi A et al. used MTS assay kit ab197010 in their study of a new preparation of the Chlorin e6 photosensitizer (Ce6). Ce6 is used in photodynamic tumor therapy: photosensitizers localized to tumor cells produce cytotoxic reactive oxygen species on exposure to specific wavelengths of light.
They used the MTS assay kit to measure the viability of 4T1 cells treated with different concentrations of their Ce6 preparation, with and without laser irradiation (665 nm, 5 J/cm2).
Leipnitz G et al. used MTS assay kit ab197010 in their study of mitochondrial complex I deficiency.
They used the MTS assay to examine the reduction in the cell viability of ND6 deficient and ACAD9 deficient fibroblasts, compared to wild type, when cultured in the absence and presence of glucose.
Cabrera et al. used MTS assay kit ab197010 as part of studying ANDRO (Andrographolide), an anti-inflammatory compound with potential for use in the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.They used the MTS assay to demonstrate that ANDRO did not affect cell viability at the concentrations used in their study.
ab197010 被引用在 38 文献中.
- Tran HM et al. Upregulation of Protein Synthesis and Proteasome Degradation Confers Sensitivity to Proteasome Inhibitor Bortezomib in Myc-Atypical Teratoid/Rhabdoid Tumors. Cancers (Basel) 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32235770
- Rouabhia M et al. Electrical stimulation promotes the proliferation of human keratinocytes, increases the production of keratin 5 and 14, and increases the phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and p38 MAP kinases. J Tissue Eng Regen Med N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32293799
- Li SF et al. In Vitro and in Vivo Antiviral Activity of Mizoribine Against Foot-And-Mouth Disease Virus. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31058822
- Pang D et al. The novel long non-coding RNA PRNCR1-2 is involved in breast cancer cell proliferation, migration, invasion and cell cycle progression. Mol Med Rep 19:1824-1832 (2019). PubMed: 30592261
- Jin X et al. PES1 promotes BET inhibitors resistance and cells proliferation through increasing c-Myc expression in pancreatic cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:463 (2019). PubMed: 31718704