Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27821 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Cancer/testis antigen 80
- Hiwi like
功能Plays a central role during spermatogenesis by repressing transposable elements and prevent their mobilization, which is essential for the germline integrity. Plays an essential role in meiotic differentiation of spermatocytes, germ cell differentiation and in self-renewal of spermatogonial stem cells. Its presence in oocytes suggests that it may participate to similar functions during oogenesis in females. Acts via the piRNA metabolic process, which mediates the repression of transposable elements during meiosis by forming complexes composed of piRNAs and Piwi proteins and govern the methylation and subsequent repression of transposons. Directly binds piRNAs, a class of 24 to 30 nucleotide RNAs that are generated by a Dicer-independent mechanism and are primarily derived from transposons and other repeated sequence elements. Associates with primary piRNAs in the cytoplasm and is required for PIWIL4/MIWI2 nuclear localization and association with secondary piRNAs antisense. The piRNA process acts upstream of known mediators of DNA methylation. Participates to a piRNA amplification loop. Besides their function in transposable elements repression, piRNAs are probably involved in other processes during meiosis such as translation regulation. Indirectly modulate expression of genes such as PDGFRB, SLC2A1, ITGA6, GJA7, THY1, CD9 and STRA8. Inhibits tumor cell growth when repressed. When overexpressed, acts as an oncogene by inhibition of apoptosis and promotion of proliferation in tumors.
组织特异性Expressed in adult testis and in most tumors.
序列相似性Belongs to the argonaute family. Piwi subfamily.
Contains 1 PAZ domain.
Contains 1 Piwi domain.
翻译后修饰Arginine methylation by PRMT5 is required for the interaction with Tudor domain-containing protein TDRD1 and subsequent localization to the meiotic nuage, also named P granule.
细胞定位Cytoplasm. Present in chromatoid body. Probable component of the meiotic nuage, also named P granule, a germ-cell-specific organelle required to repress transposon during meiosis.
- Information by UniProt
ab27821 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.