Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Mel18
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
经测试应用适用于: WBmore details
常规说明Gene Ontology terms - transcription factor activity; regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent; nucleus. GenBank Accession Number – NP_009075.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
纯化说明Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E3 Enzymes
- RING Finger E3 Ligase
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5267 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
功能Transcriptional repressor. Binds specifically to the DNA sequence 5'-GACTNGACT-3'. Has tumor suppressor activity. May play a role in control of cell proliferation and/or neural cell development. Regulates proliferation of early T progenitor cells by maintaining expression of HES1. Also plays a role in antero-posterior specification of the axial skeleton and negative regulation of the self-renewal activity of hematopoietic stem cells. Component of the Polycomb group (PcG) multiprotein PRC1 complex, a complex required to maintain the transcriptionally repressive state of many genes, including Hox genes, throughout development. PcG PRC1 complex acts via chromatin remodeling and modification of histones; it mediates monoubiquitination of histone H2A 'Lys-119', rendering chromatin heritably changed in its expressibility.
组织特异性Detected in all tissues examined with high expression found in placenta lung and kidney and low expression, in liver, pancreas and skeletal muscle.
序列相似性Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated. Homodimer formation is regulated by phosphorylation state with unphosphorylated protein forming homodimers.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA binding protein Mel 18 antibody
- DNA-binding protein Mel-18 antibody
- Mel 18 antibody
ab5267 staining (1ab5267 staining (1µg/ml) of Human Lung lysate (RIPA buffer, 30µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
µg/ml) of Human Lung lysate (RIPA buffer, 30 µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab5267 被引用在 14 文献中.
- Paschos K et al. Requirement for PRC1 subunit BMI1 in host gene activation by Epstein-Barr virus protein EBNA3C. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30649516
- Wang J et al. Co-inhibition of BMI1 and Mel18 enhances chemosensitivity of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Lett 17:5012-5022 (2019). PubMed: 31186712
- Klauke K et al. Polycomb Cbx family members mediate the balance between haematopoietic stem cell self-renewal and differentiation. Nat Cell Biol 15:353-62 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23502315
- Holdt LM et al. Alu elements in ANRIL non-coding RNA at chromosome 9p21 modulate atherogenic cell functions through trans-regulation of gene networks. PLoS Genet 9:e1003588 (2013). PubMed: 23861667
- Lavial F et al. Bmi1 facilitates primitive endoderm formation by stabilizing Gata6 during early mouse development. Genes Dev 26:1445-58 (2012). Mouse . PubMed: 22713603