Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MBD1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
参阅全部 MBD1 一抗
特异性This antibody detects human methyl CpG binding domain protein 1 (MBD1) recombinant protein.
经测试应用适用于: WBmore details
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2846 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 83 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).Can be blocked with MBD1 peptide (ab4918).|
功能Transcriptional repressor that binds CpG islands in promoters where the DNA is methylated at position 5 of cytosine within CpG dinucleotides. Binding is abolished by the presence of 7-mG that is produced by DNA damage by methylmethanesulfonate (MMS). Acts as transcriptional repressor and plays a role in gene silencing by recruiting AFT7IP, which in turn recruits factors such as the histone methyltransferase SETDB1. Probably forms a complex with SETDB1 and ATF7IP that represses transcription and couples DNA methylation and histone 'Lys-9' trimethylation. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 can also repress transcription from unmethylated promoters.
序列相似性Contains 3 CXXC-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 MBD (methyl-CpG-binding) domain.
结构域The methyl-CpG-binding domain (MBD) functions both in binding to methylated DNA and in protein interactions.
The third CXXC-type zinc finger mediates binding to non-methylated CpG dinucleotides.
The transcriptional repression domain (TRD) is involved in transcription repression and in protein interactions.
翻译后修饰Sumoylated with SUMO1 by PIAS1 and PIAS3. Sumoylation affects transcriptional silencing by preventing the interaction with SETDB1. In contrast, sumoylation may increase interaction with AFT7IP.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
细胞定位Nucleus speckle. Chromosome. Nuclear, in a punctate pattern. Associated with euchromatic regions of the chromosomes, with pericentromeric regions on chromosome 1 and with telomeric regions from several chromosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- CXXC 3 antibody
- CXXC-type zinc finger protein 3 antibody
- CXXC3 antibody
ab2846 被引用在 7 文献中.
- K N H et al. Sex-Based Mhrt Methylation Chromatinizes MeCP2 in the Heart. iScience 17:288-301 (2019). PubMed: 31323475
- Takeda Y et al. Epigenetic Regulation of Aldosterone Synthase Gene by Sodium and Angiotensin II. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29739797
- Arosh JA et al. Selective inhibition of prostaglandin E2 receptors EP2 and EP4 modulates DNA methylation and histone modification machinery proteins in human endometriotic cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol 409:51-8 (2015). PubMed: 25843056
- Laget S et al. MBD4 cooperates with DNMT1 to mediate methyl-DNA repression and protects mammalian cells from oxidative stress. Epigenetics 9:546-56 (2014). PubMed: 24434851
- Katryniok C et al. Role of DNA methylation and methyl-DNA binding proteins in the repression of 5-lipoxygenase promoter activity. Biochim Biophys Acta 1801:49-57 (2010). WB, ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 19781662
- Müller I et al. Promoter- and cell-specific epigenetic regulation of CD44, Cyclin D2, GLIPR1 and PTEN by methyl-CpG binding proteins and histone modifications. BMC Cancer 10:297 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20565761
- Auriol E et al. Specific binding of the methyl binding domain protein 2 at the BRCA1-NBR2 locus. Nucleic Acids Res 33:4243-54 (2005). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 16052033