Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
产品名称Maxi Potassium channel beta/KCNMB1多肽
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5023 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This peptide may be used for neutralization and control experiments with the polyclonal antibody that reacts with this product and human Maxi K+ beta, catalog ab5023. Using a solution of peptide of equal volume and concentration to the corresponding antibody will yield a large molar excess of peptide (~ 70-fold) for competitive inhibition of antibody-protein binding reactions.
This product was previously labelled as Maxi Potassium channel beta
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
复溶>95% pure, lyophilized synthetic peptide. Reconstitute with 0.1 ml of distilled water.
- BK channel beta subunit
- BK channel subunit beta 1
- BK channel subunit beta-1
功能Regulatory subunit of the calcium activated potassium KCNMA1 (maxiK) channel. Modulates the calcium sensitivity and gating kinetics of KCNMA1, thereby contributing to KCNMA1 channel diversity. Increases the apparent Ca(2+)/voltage sensitivity of the KCNMA1 channel. It also modifies KCNMA1 channel kinetics and alters its pharmacological properties. It slows down the activation and the deactivation kinetics of the channel. Acts as a negative regulator of smooth muscle contraction by enhancing the calcium sensitivity to KCNMA1. Its presence is also a requirement for internal binding of the KCNMA1 channel opener dehydrosoyasaponin I (DHS-1) triterpene glycoside and for external binding of the agonist hormone 17-beta-estradiol (E2). Increases the binding activity of charybdotoxin (CTX) toxin to KCNMA1 peptide blocker by increasing the CTX association rate and decreasing the dissociation rate.
组织特异性Abundantly expressed in smooth muscle. Low levels of expression in most other tissues. Within the brain, relatively high levels found in hippocampus and corpus callosum.
序列相似性Belongs to the KCNMB (TC 8.A.14.1) family. KCNMB1 subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab5023 被引用在 3 文献中.
- Sun Q et al. LncRNA-MALAT1 regulates proliferation and apoptosis of ovarian cancer cells by targeting miR-503-5p. Onco Targets Ther 12:6297-6307 (2019). PubMed: 31496733
- Bhattarai Y et al. Western blot analysis of BK channel ß1-subunit expression should be interpreted cautiously when using commercially available antibodies. Physiol Rep 2: (2014). PubMed: 25355855
- Navarro-Antolín J et al. Decreased expression of maxi-K+ channel beta1-subunit and altered vasoregulation in hypoxia. Circulation 112:1309-15 (2005). PubMed: 16116057