Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to MAP2
- Suitable for: ICC, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgY
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.032% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
纯化说明Lipid extraction from egg yolk, followed by ammonium sulphate precipitation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5392 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||1/5000 - 1/10000.|
|WB||1/20000 - 1/100000.
This 280kDa band corresponds to the high molecular weight MAP2a and MAP2b isoforms. Also detects 2 bands at approximately 70 kDa, corresponding to MAPc, since the 70kDa bands are transcripts from the same gene and correspond to the C-terminus of the 280kDa bands.
功能The exact function of MAP2 is unknown but MAPs may stabilize the microtubules against depolymerization. They also seem to have a stiffening effect on microtubules.
序列相似性Contains 3 Tau/MAP repeats.
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated at serine residues in K-X-G-S motifs by MAP/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase (MARK1 or MARK2), causing detachment from microtubules, and their disassembly (By similarity). Isoform 2 is probably phosphorylated by PKA at Ser-323, Ser-354 and Ser-386 and by FYN at Tyr-67.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp686I2148 antibody
- MAP 2 antibody
- MAP dendrite specific antibody
Rat E20 cultured cortical neuron-glial cells stained for MAP2 (red) using ab5392 at 1/2000 dilution for ICC/IF. Tau is detected with a mouse monoclonal anti-Tau antibody (green). The nuclear counter stain is DAPI (blue). Overlap of MAP2 and Tau staining results in an orange-yellow color.
All lanes : Anti-MAP2 antibody (ab5392) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : Adult rat brain lysate
Lane 2 : Embryonic E20 rat brain lysate
Lane 3 : Adult mouse brain lysate
ab5392 at a dilution of 1/10000, staining MAP 2 (green) in tissue cultured rat cortical neurons by immunofluorescence. Nuclei are stained blue with Dapi.
Rat cortical neurons and glia in mixed tissue culture stained with ab5392 (Chicken antibody to MAP2) (green)(1:30 000), a mouse monoclonal antibody to GFAP (red) and nuclei of all cells stained with Hoechst dye (blue).
ab5392 staining MAP2 in mouse neurons by immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.4% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 5% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/10000 and incubated with the sample for 20 hours at 21°C. Alexa fluor® 488 goat polyclonal to chicken IgY, diluted 1/400, was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-MAP2 antibody (ab5392) at 1/10000 dilution + Mouse brain lysate - post nuclear supernatant at 10 µg
HRP-conjugated rabbit anti-chicken IgY at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 280,70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
ab5392 被引用在 390 文献中.
- Roy S et al. Neurogenic tissue nanotransfection in the management of cutaneous diabetic polyneuropathy. Nanomedicine 28:102220 (2020). PubMed: 32422219
- Cho Y et al. Elevated O-GlcNAcylation induces an antidepressant-like phenotype and decreased inhibitory transmission in medial prefrontal cortex. Sci Rep 10:6924 (2020). PubMed: 32332789
- Sharma Y et al. In vitro human stem cell derived cultures to monitor calcium signaling in neuronal development and function. Wellcome Open Res 5:16 (2020). PubMed: 32195361
- Pineda-Ramírez N et al. Antioxidant Properties and Protective Effects of Some Species of the Annonaceae, Lamiaceae, and Geraniaceae Families against Neuronal Damage Induced by Excitotoxicity and Cerebral Ischemia. Antioxidants (Basel) 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32244955
- Shimojo M et al. Selective Disruption of Inhibitory Synapses Leading to Neuronal Hyperexcitability at an Early Stage of Tau Pathogenesis in a Mouse Model. J Neurosci 40:3491-3501 (2020). PubMed: 32265258