Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [MJFF4 (c81-8)] to LRRK2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
参阅全部 LRRK2 一抗
描述兔单克隆抗体[MJFF4 (c81-8)] to LRRK2
经测试应用适用于: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IPmore details
种属反应性与反应: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human LRRK2 aa 950 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate. MEF and A549 cell lysate.
Well-characterized antibodies to efficiently detect and purify LRRK2 protein are a critical need in the Parkinson's Disease (PD) research community. To help accelerate LRRK2 research, The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF), working with Abcam, has generated unique and high quality LRRK2 rabbit monoclonal antibodies to be widely available for PD research community.
LRRK2 (Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2, dardarin) is a protein kinase belonging to the ROCO family, which is defined by the presence of a ROC (Ras/GTPase of complex proteins) domain and COR (C-terminal of Roc) region. LRRK2 exhibits kinase activity whereby it can undergo autophosphorylation and can phosphorylate generic substrates. In addition, the GTPase domain of LRRK2 can mediate GDP (guanosine-5′-diphosphate)/GTP (guanosine-5′-triphosphate) binding as well as GTP hydrolysis.
LRRK2 is mutated in a significant number of Parkinson's disease (PD) patients. Mutations in this gene account for 4% of PD, and are observed in 1% of sporadic PD patients. Clinical symptoms of patients carrying PD-associated mutations of LRRK2 are indistinguishable from typical sporadic PD. The spectra of neuropathological features of PARK8 (type 8), the type corresponding to LRRK2, is broad and appears to encompass those associated with other familial PD cases such as PARK1 (alpha-synuclein) and PARK2 (Parkin). Patients with this gene mutation have typical relatively late onset Parkinsonism with features comparable with idiopathic PD; symptoms include asymmetric rest tremor, bradykinesia, rigidity, and a good response to 3,4-dihyroxy-l-phenylalanine (l-DOPA). The pathology of cases with LRRK2 mutations is pleomorphic.
For more characterization data and protocols using this LRRK2 Antibody, please refer to Davies, et al. 2013. Biochemical J 453(1):101-113 [PMID: 23560750].
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
纯度Tissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133476 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 286 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. 2-5 µg.|
功能Positively regulates autophagy through a calcium-dependent activation of the CaMKK/AMPK signaling pathway. The process involves activation of nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP) receptors, increase in lysosomal pH, and calcium release from lysosomes. Together with RAB29, plays a role in the retrograde trafficking pathway for recycling proteins, such as mannose 6 phosphate receptor (M6PR), between lysosomes and the Golgi apparatus in a retromer-dependent manner. Regulates neuronal process morphology in the intact central nervous system (CNS). Plays a role in synaptic vesicle trafficking. Phosphorylates PRDX3. Has GTPase activity. May play a role in the phosphorylation of proteins central to Parkinson disease.
组织特异性Expressed in the brain. Expressed in pyramidal neurons in all cortical laminae of the visual cortex, in neurons of the substantia nigra pars compacta and caudate putamen (at protein level). Expressed throughout the adult brain, but at a lower level than in heart and liver. Also expressed in placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. In the brain, expressed in the cerebellum, cerebral cortex, medulla, spinal cord occipital pole, frontal lobe, temporal lobe and putamen. Expression is particularly high in brain dopaminoceptive areas.
疾病相关Parkinson disease 8
序列相似性Belongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 12 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 Roc domain.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
结构域The seven-bladed WD repeat region is critical for synaptic vesicle trafficking and mediates interaction with multiple vesicle-associated presynaptic proteins.
The Roc domain mediates homodimerization and regulates kinase activity.
细胞定位Membrane. Cytoplasm. Perikaryon. Mitochondrion. Golgi apparatus. Cell projection, axon. Cell projection, dendrite. Endoplasmic reticulum. Cytoplasmic vesicle, secretory vesicle, synaptic vesicle membrane. Endosome. Lysosome. Mitochondrion outer membrane. Mitochondrion inner membrane. Mitochondrion matrix. Predominantly associated with intracytoplasmic vesicular and membranous structures (By similarity). Localized in the cytoplasm and associated with cellular membrane structures. Predominantly associated with the mitochondrial outer membrane of the mitochondria. Colocalized with RAB29 along tubular structures emerging from Golgi apparatus. Localizes in intracytoplasmic punctate structures of neuronal perikarya and dendritic and axonal processes.
- Information by UniProt
- augmented in rheumatoid arthritis 17 antibody
- AURA17 antibody
- Dardarin antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: LRRK2 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: MEF cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: LRRK2 knockout MEF cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 5: A549 cell lysate (20ug)
Lane 6: LRRK2 knockout A549 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 6: Merged signal (red and green). Green – ab133476 observed at 238 kDa. Red - loading control, ab130007, observed at 124 kDa.
ab133476 was shown to specifically react with LRRK2 in wild type A549, MEF and HAP1 cells along with additional cross-reactive bands. No band was observed when LRRK2 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and LRRK2 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab133476 and ab130007 (loading control to Vinculin) were diluted at 1/500 and 1/10000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Wild-type and LRRK2 knockout MEF and A549 cells were provide as a generous gift from Professor Dario Alessi, MRC Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitination Unit (University of Dundee).
All lanes : Anti-LRRK2 antibody [MJFF4 (c81-8)] (ab133476) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293 cell lysate transfected with 3*Flag vector
Lane 2 : HEK293 cell lysate transfected with 3*Flag wild type Human LRRK2 full length
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 286 kDa
ab133476 被引用在 7 文献中.
- Beccano-Kelly DA et al. LRRK2 overexpression alters glutamatergic presynaptic plasticity, striatal dopamine tone, postsynaptic signal transduction, motor activity and memory. Hum Mol Genet 24:1336-49 (2015). PubMed: 25343991
- Yang S et al. Mitochondrial dysfunction driven by the LRRK2-mediated pathway is associated with loss of Purkinje cells and motor coordination deficits in diabetic rat model. Cell Death Dis 5:e1217 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24810053
- Tsika E et al. Conditional expression of Parkinson's disease-related R1441C LRRK2 in midbrain dopaminergic neurons of mice causes nuclear abnormalities without neurodegeneration. Neurobiol Dis 71:345-58 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25174890
- Davies P et al. Comprehensive characterization and optimization of anti-LRRK2 (leucine-rich repeat kinase 2) monoclonal antibodies. Biochem J 453:101-13 (2013). WB, IP ; Mouse, Rat, Human . PubMed: 23560750
- Stafa K et al. Functional interaction of Parkinson's disease-associated LRRK2 with members of the dynamin GTPase superfamily. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 24282027
- Trancikova A et al. Phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 in the mammalian brain is not altered by LRRK2 expression or pathogenic mutations. PLoS One 7:e47784 (2012). WB ; Human, Mouse . PubMed: 23082216
- Ramonet D et al. Dopaminergic neuronal loss, reduced neurite complexity and autophagic abnormalities in transgenic mice expressing G2019S mutant LRRK2. PLoS One 6:e18568 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21494637