Key features and details
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Flow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
产品名称Live and Dead Cell Assay
Live Dead Assay Kit ab115347 differentially labels live and dead cells with fluorescent dyes with a one-step live dead assay protocol. It is used for the rapid quantitation of cell viability using flow cytometry or fluorescent microscopy.
The Live Dead assay staining solution is a mixture of two fluorescent dyes that differentially label live and dead cells.
The Live cell dye labels intact, viable cells green. It is membrane permeant and non-fluorescent until ubiquitous intracellular esterases remove ester groups and render the molecule fluorescent. The Excitation (max) and Emission(max) are 494nm and 515nm (similar to FITC).
The Dead cell dye labels cells with compromised plasma membranes red. It is membrane-impermeant and binds to DNA with high affinity. Once bound to DNA, the fluorescence increases >30-fold. The Excitation (max) and Emission(max) are 528nm and 617nm.
The Live Dead assay protocol uses a one-step staining procedure that is simple and fast. It can be used directly in cell culture media.
This assay is not suitable for use with fixed cells / cell fixation.
The Live Dead assay staining solution provided is sufficient for ~1000 assays.
平台Flow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 1000 tests 1000X Live/Dead Cell stain in DMSO 1 x 0.1ml
相关性Distinguishing between live and dead cells is very important for investigation of growth control and cell death.
Dot plots showing live/dead analysis of vehicle or drug treated Jurkat cells (day 3 of treatment). The indicated drug is used to induce cell death. Live cells are on the y-axis and dead cells are on the x-axis. The red polygongate identifies live cells and the number indicates the percent of live cells.
Quantification of % viable cells of Jurkat cells treated with a dose response of the inidicated drug (to induce cell death) and analyzed using the live/dead assay stain on days 1, 2 and 3 using flow cytometry.
The sample dot plots demonstrate varying ratios of live and dead cells. More green = upper left = live cells; more red = lower right = dead cells.
Jurkat cells stained with the live/dead assay kit. Jurkat cells treated with a drug to induce cell death were labeled with the live/dead assay stain. Live cells (with esterase activity) stain green and dead cells (compromised plasma membrane) stain red. (A) Field of cells following 10 minute staining in media of live/dead stain. (B)Magnified view showing that in live cells the whole cell is stained green whereas in dead red cells it is the fragmented nuclear DNA that is stained.
ab115347 被引用在 28 文献中.
- Rowley JE et al. Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronan Induces an Inflammatory Response in Ovarian Stromal Cells and Impairs Gamete Development In Vitro. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32033185
- Zhan X et al. FMRP(1-297)-tat restores ion channel and synaptic function in a model of Fragile X syndrome. Nat Commun 11:2755 (2020). PubMed: 32488011
- Wang F et al. Scleral defect repair using decellularized porcine sclera in a rabbit model. Xenotransplantation 27:e12633 (2020). PubMed: 32726876
- Vijayan V et al. Human and murine macrophages exhibit differential metabolic responses to lipopolysaccharide - A divergent role for glycolysis. Redox Biol 22:101147 (2019). PubMed: 30825774
- Shi Q et al. A natural diarylheptanoid protects cortical neurons against oxygen-glucose deprivation-induced autophagy and apoptosis. J Pharm Pharmacol 71:1110-1118 (2019). PubMed: 31025371