Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity (quantitative)
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 30 min
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Urine
- Sensitivity: 1 mU/ml
产品名称LDH Assay试剂盒/ Lactate Dehydrogenase Assay试剂盒(Colorimetric)
参阅全部 Lactate Dehydrogenase 试剂盒
样品类型Cell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
检测类型Enzyme activity (quantitative)
灵敏度> 1 mU/ml
范围1 mU/ml - 100 mU/ml
Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Assay Kit (Colorimetric) ab102526 quantifies LDH activity in a variety of samples such as serum or plasma, tissue, cells, and culture medium.
In the LDH assay protocol, LDH reduces NAD to NADH, which then interacts with a specific probe to produce a color (OD max = 450 nm). The kit can detect 1 - 100 mU/mL of LDH directly in samples. The assay is quick, convenient, and sensitive.
LDH assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix
- analyze every 2-3 min for at least 30 min with microplate reader in kinetic mode at 37ºC
To measure LDH release into cell culture medium from cultured cells in a cytoxicity experiment, we recommend LDH assay kit ab65393, which is designed specifically as a cytotoxicity assay.
This LDH assay kit ab102526 is designed in a more flexible format for use with a variety of sample types (this includes cell culture medium, and this kit may be used in cytotoxicity assays). This flexible format LDH assay kit is also available as a fluorometric LDH assay kit ab197000.
How other researchers have used LDH Assay Kit ab102526
This LDH assay kit has been used in publications in a variety of sample types, including:
- Human: serum1
- Mouse: kidney tissue2, kidney epithelial cell line lysates3, muscle tissue4, serum2,5, vaginal lavage fluid6, liver tissue7
- Rat: H8C2 cell lysates8
It has also been used in LDH release cytotoxicity cell culture assays including in human hippocampal neuronal cultures9, THP-1 cells10, primary chondrocyte cells on a membrane scaffold11, primary lymphocytes12, ovarian cancer cells co-cultured with mouse splenocytes in a cytotoxic T lymphocyte assay13
References: 1-Zhang Z et al 2018, Solivio MJ et al 2016; 2-Niles DJ et al 2018; 3-Tanner LB et al 2018; 4-Tam BT et al 2018; 5-Kim HY et al 2016; 6-Nash EE et al 2016; 7-Lai C et al 2018; 8-Zhou Z et al 2018; 9-Wang Q et al 2019; 10-Alimov I et al 2019; 11-Stocco TD et al 2019; 12-Dreisig K et al 2018; 13-Sun Y et al 2018
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 标识符 500 tests LDH Assay Buffer NM 1 x 50ml LDH Positive Control (lyophilized) Red 1 vial LDH Substrate Mix (lyophilized) Amber 1 vial NADH Standard (lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
通路Fermentation; pyruvate fermentation to lactate; (S)-lactate from pyruvate: step 1/1.
疾病相关Defects in LDHA are the cause of glycogen storage disease type 11 (GSD11) [MIM:612933]. A metabolic disorder that results in exertional myoglobinuria, pain, cramps and easy fatigue.
序列相似性Belongs to the LDH/MDH superfamily. LDH family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 19 protein
- L lactate dehydrogenase B chain
Tam BT et al. used the LDH assay kit on mouse skeletal muscle tissue lysates comparing pressure-induced compressed and control samples across a range of knockout mice lines.
Kinetic profiles of approx 0.5 mU of a sample of pure LDH (Positive Control) and 2 μL frozen human serum using buffer as a background control.
NADH Standard Curve.
Cellular necrosis was measured as LDH release after cisplatin treatment for 24 h and 48 h using ab102526. The release of LDH was apparently increased at 24 and 48 h after cisplatin treatment.
ab102526 被引用在 98 文献中.
- Tacey A et al. Undercarboxylated osteocalcin has no adverse effect on endothelial function in rabbit aorta or human vascular cells. J Cell Physiol 236:2840-2849 (2021). PubMed: 32936958
- Christofi M et al. Low-dose 2-deoxy glucose stabilises tolerogenic dendritic cells and generates potent in vivo immunosuppressive effects. Cell Mol Life Sci 78:2857-2876 (2021). PubMed: 33074350
- Huang L et al. Comparative Study on 3D Printed Ti6Al4V Scaffolds with Surface Modifications Using Hydrothermal Treatment and Microarc Oxidation to Enhance Osteogenic Activity. ACS Omega 6:1465-1476 (2021). PubMed: 33490806
- Möller J et al. Regulation of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex related to lactate switch in CHO cells. Eng Life Sci 21:100-114 (2021). PubMed: 33716610
- Su Q et al. Exosomal LINC00174 derived from vascular endothelial cells attenuates myocardial I/R injury via p53-mediated autophagy and apoptosis. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 23:1304-1322 (2021). PubMed: 33717651