Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 30 min
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Lysate, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.02 mM
参阅全部 L-Lactate 试剂盒
样品类型Cell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Cell Lysate, Tissue Lysate
范围0.02 mM - 10 mM
L-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65331) uses an assay protocol where lactate is oxidized by lactate dehydrogenase to generate a product which interacts with a probe to produce a color (λmax = 450 nm).
The kit detects L(+)-Lactate in biological samples such as serum or plasma, cells, tissues, cell culture and fermentation media.
Lactate assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix and incubate for 30 min at room temp
- analyze with microplate reader
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K627 Lactate Colorimetric Assay Kit II. K627-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab65331.
L(+)-Lactate is the major stereo-isomer of lactate formed in human intermediary metabolism and is present in blood. D(-)-Lactate is also present (see D-Lactate assay kits) but only at about 1-5% of the concentration of L(+)-Lactate.
L-Lactate assay kit ab65331 is our most popular L-Lactate assay kit (colorimetric 450nm, range 0.02 mM - 10 mM). Alternative L-Lactate assay kits offer different readout modes/wavelengths and sensitivity/range:
- L-Lactate assay ab65330: colorimetric 570 nm, fluorometric Ex/Em 535/587 nm, range 0.001 mM - 10 mM
- L-Lactate assay ab169557: fluorometric Ex/Em 535/587 nm, range 0.2 µM - 50 µM
Review our Metabolism Assay Guide to learn about assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also about how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
How other researchers have used L-Lactate Assay Kit ab65331
This Lactate assay kit has been used in publications in a variety of sample types, including:
- Human: THP-1 cell lysates1, MDA-MB-231 and HepG2 cell culture lysates2, cell culture supernatant (HepG2, A549, Huh7, PC3, LN229, HeLa)3, brain tissue4
- Mouse: brown adipose tissue lysate5, thymic lymphoma tissue6, cell culture supernatant7, T cell primary cell culture supernatants8, serum9, serum and muscle10
- Bovine: cumulus cell culture supernatant11
References: 1 - Tran UT and Kitami T 2019; 2 - Cui J et al 2019; 3 - Rodriguez ML et al 2018, Chen Y et al 2018, Zhang D et al 2018, Caino MC et al 2017, Birkenmeier K et al 2015; 4 - Sullivan RC et al 2019; 5 - Jeong JH et al 2018; 6 - Vara-Ciruelos D et al 2019; 7 - Fiorenzano et al 2016; 8 - Menk AV et al 2018; 9 - Deng W et al 2019, Guglielmetti C et al 2017, Kang R et al 2016; 10 - Kim HY et al 2016; 11 - Sinha et al 2017
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 标识符 100 tests L(+)-Lactate Standard (100 nmol/µl) Yellow 1 x 100µl Lactate Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Lactate Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Lactate Substrate Mix Red 1 vial
相关性Lactate (CH3CH(OH)COO-) plays important roles in many biological processes. Abnormal high concentration of lactate has been related to disease states such as diabetes and lactate acidosis, etc. L(+)-Lactate is the major stereoisomer of lactate formed in human intermediary metabolism and is present in blood. The lactate to pyruvate ratio reflects the redox state of the cell and describes the balance beween NAD+ and NADH, which is dependent on the interconversion of lactate and pyruvate via lactate dehydrogenase (LDH).
Plasma lactate concentrations were determined using L-Lactate assay kit (ab65331) in Ark2C+/+ and Ark2C−/− (Arkadia-like gene) mice.
Linearity of dilution: concentration of L-Lactate in differently diluted (X-axis) biological samples, demonstrating a linearity of 89%-111% (concentrations corrected for by factor of dilution; duplicates; +/- SD).
Relative signal (RFU) in unfiltered human plasma (dilution 1:8), comparing L-lactate signals with background reading (no enzyme) after 10 minutes of incubation (duplicates +/- SD).
Standard curve with background signal subtracted (duplicates; +/- SD).
Lactate Standard Curve. The assay is performed following the kit (ab65331) protocol.
ab65331 被引用在 130 文献中.
- Vangrieken P et al. Hypoxia-induced mitochondrial abnormalities in cells of the placenta. PLoS One 16:e0245155 (2021). PubMed: 33434211
- Gong J et al. The pentose phosphate pathway mediates hyperoxia-induced lung vascular dysgenesis and alveolar simplification in neonates. JCI Insight 6:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33497360
- Vollmers AC et al. A conserved long noncoding RNA, GAPLINC, modulates the immune response during endotoxic shock. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 118:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33568531
- Gobin J et al. Hollow-fiber bioreactor production of extracellular vesicles from human bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells yields nanovesicles that mirrors the immuno-modulatory antigenic signature of the producer cell. Stem Cell Res Ther 12:127 (2021). PubMed: 33579358
- Zheng F et al. The HIF-1a antisense long non-coding RNA drives a positive feedback loop of HIF-1a mediated transactivation and glycolysis. Nat Commun 12:1341 (2021). PubMed: 33637716