Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KIF5A
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody说明Kinesins are a superfamily of microtubule-associated motor proteins involved in a variety of cellular processes including membranous organelle transport and cell division. Kinesin has been found in a variety of organisms and cell types and is subject to spatial and temporal regulation. These proteins have a modular structure including a conserved motor domain of approximately 350 amino acids, which is responsible for microtubule binding and ATP hydrolysis. In addition to the motor domain, subfamily members share common domain organization, exhibit sequence similarity, motility properties, and cellular functions outside of the motor domain. There are currently three known Kinesin 5 family members denoted as A, B, and C. Kinesin 5A and kinesin 5C appear to be exclusively neuronal, whereas kinesin 5B appears to be ubiquitous in its expression.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5628 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 117 kDa).|
功能Microtubule-dependent motor required for slow axonal transport of neurofilament proteins (NFH, NFM and NFL).
组织特异性Distributed throughout the CNS but is highly enriched in subsets of neurons.
疾病相关Defects in KIF5A are the cause of spastic paraplegia autosomal dominant type 10 (SPG10) [MIM:604187]. An inherited degenerative spinal cord disorder characterized by a slow, gradual, progressive weakness and spasticity (stiffness) of the legs. Rate of progression and the severity of symptoms is quite variable. Initial symptoms may include difficulty with balance, weakness and stiffness in the legs, muscle spasms, and dragging the toes when walking. In some forms of the disorder, bladder symptoms (such as incontinence) may appear, or the weakness and stiffness may spread to other parts of the body.
序列相似性Belongs to the kinesin-like protein family. Kinesin subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
结构域Composed of three structural domains: a large globular N-terminal domain which is responsible for the motor activity of kinesin (it hydrolyzes ATP and binds microtubule), a central alpha-helical coiled coil domain that mediates the heavy chain dimerization; and a small globular C-terminal domain which interacts with other proteins (such as the kinesin light chains), vesicles and membranous organelles.
细胞定位Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Concentrated in the cell body of the neurons, particularly in the perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- D12S1889 antibody
- KIF 5A antibody
- Kif5a antibody
Anti-KIF5A antibody (ab5628) + mouse neuronal cell extract
HRP-conjugated anti rabbit antibody
Predicted band size: 117 kDa
Shows a Western blot of KIF5A on mouse neuronal cell extract using ab5628.
Anti-KIF5A antibody (ab5628) + human retinal extract
HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit antibody
Predicted band size: 117 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab5628 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab5628, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab5628 被引用在 10 文献中.
- Furey C et al. TACC3 Regulates Microtubule Plus-End Dynamics and Cargo Transport in Interphase Cells. Cell Rep 30:269-283.e6 (2020). PubMed: 31914393
- Shi L et al. Coupling of microtubule motors with AP-3 generated organelles in axons by NEEP21 family member calcyon. Mol Biol Cell 29:2055-2068 (2018). PubMed: 29949458
- Kamata H et al. KIF5A transports collagen vesicles of myofibroblasts during pleural fibrosis. Sci Rep 7:4556 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28676645
- Blakeslee WW et al. Class I HDACs control a JIP1-dependent pathway for kinesin-microtubule binding in cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol 112:74-82 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28886967
- Du W et al. Kinesin 1 Drives Autolysosome Tubulation. Dev Cell 37:326-336 (2016). PubMed: 27219061
- Roche SL et al. Loss of glial neurofascin155 delays developmental synapse elimination at the neuromuscular junction. J Neurosci 34:12904-18 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 25232125
- Cartelli D et al. Microtubule alterations occur early in experimental parkinsonism and the microtubule stabilizer epothilone D is neuroprotective. Sci Rep 3:1837 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23670541
- Astanina K & Jacob R KIF5C, a kinesin motor involved in apical trafficking of MDCK cells. Cell Mol Life Sci 67:1331-42 (2010). IP ; Dog . PubMed: 20094756
- DeBoer SR et al. Conventional kinesin holoenzymes are composed of heavy and light chain homodimers. Biochemistry 47:4535-43 (2008). PubMed: 18361505
- Brickley K et al. GRIF-1 and OIP106, members of a novel gene family of coiled-coil domain proteins: association in vivo and in vitro with kinesin. J Biol Chem 280:14723-32 (2005). PubMed: 15644324