Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15581 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Ki67 antibody (ab15580)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki 67
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki-67
- Antigen KI-67
功能Required to maintain individual mitotic chromosomes dispersed in the cytoplasm following nuclear envelope disassembly (PubMed:27362226). Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Prevents chromosomes from collapsing into a single chromatin mass by forming a steric and electrostatic charge barrier: the protein has a high net electrical charge and acts as a surfactant, dispersing chromosomes and enabling independent chromosome motility (PubMed:27362226). Binds DNA, with a preference for supercoiled DNA and AT-rich DNA (PubMed:10878551). Does not contribute to the internal structure of mitotic chromosomes (By similarity). May play a role in chromatin organization (PubMed:24867636). It is however unclear whether it plays a direct role in chromatin organization or whether it is an indirect consequence of its function in maintaining mitotic chromosomes dispersed.
序列相似性Contains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 16 K167R repeats.
Contains 1 PP1-binding domain.
发展阶段Expression occurs preferentially during late G1, S, G2 and M phases of the cell cycle, while in cells in G0 phase the antigen cannot be detected (at protein level) (PubMed:6206131). Present at highest level in G2 phase and during mitosis (at protein level). In interphase, forms fiber-like structures in fibrillarin-deficient regions surrounding nucleoli (PubMed:2674163, PubMed:8799815).
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated. Hyperphosphorylated in mitosis (PubMed:10502411, PubMed:10653604). Hyperphosphorylated form does not bind DNA.
细胞定位Chromosome. Nucleus. Nucleus, nucleolus. Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the mitotic chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Associates with satellite DNA in G1 phase (PubMed:9510506). Binds tightly to chromatin in interphase, chromatin-binding decreases in mitosis when it associates with the surface of the condensed chromosomes (PubMed:15896774, PubMed:22002106). Predominantly localized in the G1 phase in the perinucleolar region, in the later phases it is also detected throughout the nuclear interior, being predominantly localized in the nuclear matrix (PubMed:22002106).
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab15581 被引用在 4 文献中.
- Plemel JR et al. Microglia response following acute demyelination is heterogeneous and limits infiltrating macrophage dispersion. Sci Adv 6:eaay6324 (2020). PubMed: 31998844
- Wang K et al. MicroRNA-155 promotes neointimal hyperplasia through smooth muscle-like cell-derived RANTES in arteriovenous fistulas. J Vasc Surg 67:933-944.e3 (2018). PubMed: 29477204
- Falcone C et al. Cortical interlaminar astrocytes across the therian mammal radiation. J Comp Neurol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30552685
- McSheehy PM et al. Quantified tumor t1 is a generic early-response imaging biomarker for chemotherapy reflecting cell viability. Clin Cancer Res 16:212-25 (2010). Blocking . PubMed: 20008843