Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 1.6 pg/ml - 1200 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
参阅全部 TIMP2 试剂盒
样品类型Cell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
灵敏度< 2 pg/ml
范围1.6 pg/ml - 1200 pg/ml
特定样本回收率 样品类型 平均% 范围 Cell culture supernatant 94.53 84% - 103% Serum 94.28 83% - 103% Plasma 93.69 82% - 102%
实验步骤Multiple steps standard assay
Abcam’s Human TIMP-2 ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human TIMP-2 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human TIMP-2 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TIMP-2 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human TIMP-2 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TIMP-2 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human TIMP2 ELISA Kit (ab188395) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
存放说明Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
组件 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human TIMP-2 2 vials Recombinant Human TIMP-2 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TIMP-2 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
相关性Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are a family of enzymes that are responsible for the degradation of extracellular matrix components such as collagen, laminin and proteoglycans. These enzymes are involved in normal physiological processes such as embryogenesis and tissue remodeling and may play an important role in arthritis, periodontitis, and metastasis. The activation and activity of MMPs are regulated by a family of endogenous inhibitors, tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP). TIMP2 (also called CSC-21K) is a 24 kDa glycoprotein that is expressed by a variety of cell types. It forms a non covalent, stoichiometric complex with both latent and active MMPs. TIMP2 shows a preference for MMP2. TIMPs are capable of altering the metastatic potential of cancer cells and have been shown to inhibit invasion and metastasis in animal models. TIMP2 is constitutively produced in low (pg/ml) levels by most cell types in tissue culture. The low protein levels produced often require concentration of cell culture media to visualize the bands by Western Blotting.
- CSC 21K
ab100653 被引用在 4 文献中.
- Fragão-Marques M et al. Atrial matrix remodeling in atrial fibrillation patients with aortic stenosis. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 20:468 (2020). PubMed: 33129260
- Hosseinkhani B et al. Extracellular Vesicles Work as a Functional Inflammatory Mediator Between Vascular Endothelial Cells and Immune Cells. Front Immunol 9:1789 (2018). PubMed: 30131806
- Yang WJ et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 2 level in human follicular fluid is a reliable marker of human oocyte maturation in in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 13:102 (2015). PubMed: 26337061
- Ruiz-Zapata AM et al. Functional characteristics of vaginal fibroblastic cells from premenopausal women with pelvic organ prolapse. Mol Hum Reprod 20:1135-43 (2014). PubMed: 25189765