Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking, Dot blot
产品名称人Histone H3 (mono methyl K4)多肽
参阅全部 Histone H3 蛋白酶
修饰mono methyl K4
- Anti-Histone H3 (tri methyl K4) antibody [mAbcam1012] - ChIP Grade (ab1012)
- Anti-Histone H3 (di methyl K9) antibody [mAbcam 1220] - ChIP Grade (ab1220)
- Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K4) peptide (ab1342)
- Anti-Histone H3 antibody (ab18521)
- Anti-Histone H3 (di methyl K4, tri methyl K4) antibody [mAbcam 6000] - ChIP Grade (ab6000)
- Anti-Histone H3 (tri methyl K27) antibody [mAbcam 6002] - ChIP Grade (ab6002)
- Anti-pan methyl Lysine antibody - ChIP Grade (ab7315)
- Anti-Histone H3 (di methyl K4) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab7766)
- Human Histone H3 (di methyl K4) peptide (ab7768)
- Anti-Histone H3 (tri methyl K4) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab8580)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1340 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Histone H3 (mono methyl K4) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab8895)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Store at -80°C.
Information available upon request.
- H3 histone family member E pseudogene
- H3 histone family, member A
功能Core component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
序列相似性Belongs to the histone H3 family.
发展阶段Expressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
翻译后修饰Acetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Information by UniProt
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (mono methyl K4) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab8895) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Calf thymus histone lysate
Lane 2 : Calf thymus histone lysate with
Human Histone H3 (mono methyl K4) peptide (ab1340) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Calf thymus histone lysate with
Human Histone H3 (di methyl K4) peptide (ab7768) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Calf thymus histone lysate with
Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K4) peptide (ab1342) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 5 : Calf thymus histone lysate with
Human Histone H3 (mono methyl K9) peptide (ab1771) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 6 : Calf thymus histone lysate with
Human Histone H3 (mono methyl K27) peptide (ab1780) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 7 : Calf thymus histone lysate with
Human Histone H3 (unmodified ) peptide (ab2903) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 18 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ab8895 is specific for mono-methylated Lysine 4 of histone H3 and does not recognize di- or tri-methyl Lysine 4 nor methylation at Lysine 9. This is shown in lane 2 where the activity of the antibody is specifically blocked by the addition of the immunizing peptide (ab1340).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab1340 被引用在 4 文献中.
- You Y et al. Temporal dynamics of gene expression and histone marks at the Arabidopsis shoot meristem during flowering. Nat Commun 8:15120 (2017). PubMed: 28513600
- Lin X et al. Protocol: Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) methodology to investigate histone modifications in two model diatom species. Plant Methods 8:48 (2012). PubMed: 23217141
- Wang Y et al. Regulation of Set9-mediated H4K20 methylation by a PWWP domain protein. Mol Cell 33:428-37 (2009). PubMed: 19250904
- Mulder KW et al. Regulation of histone H3K4 tri-methylation and PAF complex recruitment by the Ccr4-Not complex. Nucleic Acids Res 35:2428-39 (2007). PubMed: 17392337