Key features and details
- Purity: > 70% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
纯度> 70 % HPLC.
70 - 90% by HPLC
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98293 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-53BP1 antibody (ab87097)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- 53 BP1
功能May have a role in checkpoint signaling during mitosis. Enhances TP53-mediated transcriptional activation. Plays a role in the response to DNA damage.
疾病相关Note=A chromosomal aberration involving TP53BP1 is found in a form of myeloproliferative disorder chronic with eosinophilia. Translocation t(5;15)(q33;q22) with PDGFRB creating a TP53BP1-PDGFRB fusion protein.
序列相似性Contains 2 BRCT domains.
翻译后修饰Asymmetrically dimethylated on Arg residues by PRMT1. Methylation is required for DNA binding.
Phosphorylated at basal level in the absence of DNA damage. Hyper-phosphorylated in an ATM-dependent manner in response to DNA damage induced by ionizing radiation. Hyper-phosphorylated in an ATR-dependent manner in response to DNA damage induced by UV irradiation.
细胞定位Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Associated with kinetochores. Both nuclear and cytoplasmic in some cells. Recruited to sites of DNA damage, such as double stand breaks. Methylation of histone H4 at 'Lys-20' is required for efficient localization to double strand breaks.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab98293 被引用在 1 文献中.
- Shanbhag NM et al. Early neuronal accumulation of DNA double strand breaks in Alzheimer's disease. Acta Neuropathol Commun 7:77 (2019). PubMed: 31101070