Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glucose Transporter GLUT4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
产品名称Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4抗体
参阅全部 Glucose Transporter GLUT4 一抗
描述兔多克隆抗体to Glucose Transporter GLUT4
经测试应用适用于: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
种属反应性与反应: Mouse, Rat, Human
预测可用于: Pig, Armenian hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Glucose Transporter GLUT4 aa 495-509 (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab654 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
功能Insulin-regulated facilitative glucose transporter.
组织特异性Skeletal and cardiac muscles; brown and white fat.
疾病相关Diabetes mellitus, non-insulin-dependent
序列相似性Belongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
细胞定位Cell membrane. Endomembrane system. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Localizes primarily to the perinuclear region, undergoing continued recycling to the plasma membrane where it is rapidly reinternalized. The dileucine internalization motif is critical for intracellular sequestration.
- Information by UniProt
- insulin-responsive antibody
- Glucose transporter GLUT 4 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 4 antibody
IHC image of Glucose Transporter GLUT4 staining in human heart formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab654, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
ab654 staining GLUT4 in human mesenchymal stem cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in 10% Horse serum) for 1 hour at 22°C. A FITC-conjugated rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody (1/100).
ICC/IF image of ab654 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab654, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab654 staining GLUT4 in human endometriosis tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 3% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in 3% BSA in TBS) for 16 hours at 4°C. An undiluted Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab654 被引用在 134 文献中.
- Esmailidehaj M et al. 17ß-Estradiol improves insulin signalling and insulin resistance in the aged female hearts: Role of inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines. Life Sci 253:117673 (2020). PubMed: 32311377
- Tan YQ et al. The livestock growth-promoter zeranol facilitates GLUT4 translocation in 3T3 L1 adipocytes. Chemosphere 253:126772 (2020). PubMed: 32464760
- Liu S et al. Transplantation of adipose tissue lacking PAI-1 improves glucose tolerance and attenuates cardiac metabolic abnormalities in high-fat diet-induced obesity. Adipocyte 9:170-178 (2020). PubMed: 32272863
- Selig JI et al. Impact of hyperinsulinemia and hyperglycemia on valvular interstitial cells - A link between aortic heart valve degeneration and type 2 diabetes. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:2526-2537 (2019). PubMed: 31152868
- Huang S et al. Effect of electrical stimulation combined with diet therapy on insulin resistance via mTOR signaling. Mol Med Rep 20:5152-5162 (2019). PubMed: 31702811