Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2E17] to Gemin 2
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG1
参阅全部 Gemin 2 一抗
描述小鼠单克隆抗体[2E17] to Gemin 2
经测试应用适用于: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
种属反应性与反应: Human, Xenopus laevis
His-Gemin 2 fusion protein (amino acids 12 - 280, starting at 2nd methionine).
Involved in biogenesis of spliceosomal snRNPs, forms complex with Survival of Motor Neurons (SMN) protein, interacts tightly with spliceosomal proteins and spliceosomal snRNAs U1 and U5.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
纯度Protein A purified
纯化说明Purified from supernatant.
Primary antibody说明Involved in biogenesis of spliceosomal snRNPs, forms complex with Survival of Motor Neurons (SMN) protein, interacts tightly with spliceosomal proteins and spliceosomal snRNAs U1 and U5.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6084 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
功能The SMN complex plays an essential role in spliceosomal snRNP assembly in the cytoplasm and is required for pre-mRNA splicing in the nucleus.
序列相似性Belongs to the gemin-2 family.
细胞定位Nucleus > gem. Cytoplasm. Localized in subnuclear structures next to coiled bodies, called gems, which are highly enriched in spliceosomal snRNPs. Also found in the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Component of gems 2 antibody
- Gem (nuclear organelle) associated protein 2 antibody
- Gem associated protein 2 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab6084 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab6084, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
HeLa cells were transfected with an ICP0-expressing plasmid before IF assays to detect the distribution of CB- and gem-associated proteins. ab6084 used at a 1/200 dilution to detect Gemin 2 (green). Bar 5 µm.
ab6084 被引用在 8 文献中.
- Staropoli JF et al. Rescue of gene-expression changes in an induced mouse model of spinal muscular atrophy by an antisense oligonucleotide that promotes inclusion of SMN2 exon 7. Genomics 105:220-8 (2015). PubMed: 25645699
- Groen EJ et al. ALS-associated mutations in FUS disrupt the axonal distribution and function of SMN. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 23681068
- Sanchez G et al. A novel function for the survival motoneuron protein as a translational regulator. Hum Mol Genet : (2012). PubMed: 23136128
- Wu CY et al. Proteomic assessment of a cell model of spinal muscular atrophy. BMC Neurosci 12:25 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21385431
- Burnett BG et al. Regulation of SMN protein stability. Mol Cell Biol 29:1107-15 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19103745
- Walker MP et al. SMN complex localizes to the sarcomeric Z-disc and is a proteolytic target of calpain. Hum Mol Genet 17:3399-410 (2008). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 18689355
- Morency E et al. A novel cell response triggered by interphase centromere structural instability. J Cell Biol 177:757-68 (2007). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 17548509
- Renvoisé B et al. Distinct domains of the spinal muscular atrophy protein SMN are required for targeting to Cajal bodies in mammalian cells. J Cell Sci 119:680-92 (2006). PubMed: 16449324