Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EIF2B5 (phospho S539)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
产品名称Anti-EIF2B5 (phospho S539)抗体
参阅全部 EIF2B5 一抗
描述兔多克隆抗体to EIF2B5 (phospho S539)
特异性This ab reacts with both human and rat (see, for example, PMID 21165642, 20484009 and 21832246) but it is not very clear if this recognition happens only when S535 (rat) and S544 (human) are phosphorylated or when S535 (rat)/S540 (human) are phosphorylated.
经测试应用适用于: WBmore details
种属反应性与反应: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat EIF2B5.
(Peptide available as
- Recombinant eIF-2B epsilon treated with GSK 3 beta and lambda phosphatase, CHO-T cells transfected with human insulin receptor (IR) +/- insulin.
This product was previously labelled as eIF2B epsilon
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
BSA is IgG and protease free
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
纯化说明Purified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively pre-adsorbed using (i) a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated eukaryotic initiation factor 2B epsilon (eIF-2B epsilon), and (ii) a generic serine phosphorylated peptide to remove antibody that is reactive with phospho-serine, irrespective of the sequence. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using an eIF-2B epsilon-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at serine 539.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4775 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 88 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 82 kDa).|
功能Catalyzes the exchange of eukaryotic initiation factor 2-bound GDP for GTP.
疾病相关Defects in EIF2B5 are a cause of leukodystrophy with vanishing white matter (VWM) [MIM:603896]. VWM is a leukodystrophy that occurs mainly in children. Neurological signs include progressive cerebellar ataxia, spasticity, inconstant optic atrophy and relatively preserved mental abilities. The disease is chronic-progressive with, in most individuals, additional episodes of rapid deterioration following febrile infections or minor head trauma. While childhood onset is the most common form of the disorder, some severe forms are apparent at birth. A severe, early-onset form seen among the Cree and Chippewayan populations of Quebec and Manitoba is called Cree leukoencephalopathy. Milder forms may not become evident until adolescence or adulthood. Some females with milder forms of the disease who survive to adolescence exhibit ovarian dysfunction. This variant of the disorder is called ovarioleukodystrophy.
序列相似性Belongs to the eIF-2B gamma/epsilon subunits family.
Contains 1 W2 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CACH antibody
- CLE antibody
- EI2BE_HUMAN antibody
Peptide Competition: Recombinant eIF-2B episilon treated with lambda phosphatase (1) or treated with GSK-3 beta (lanes 2-5) and added to background extracts were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% Tris-glycine gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4oC, then were incubated with 0.50
µg/mL ab4775 antibody, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2), the nonphosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a generic phophoserine containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and signals were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to ab4775 blocks the antibody signal, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody. The data also show the up-regulation of the ab4775 phospho signal upon stimulation with GSK-3 beta. Pep
ab4775 被引用在 7 文献中.
- Lim JA et al. Therapeutic Benefit of Autophagy Modulation in Pompe Disease. Mol Ther 26:1783-1796 (2018). PubMed: 29804932
- Nichols K et al. Exogenous essential amino acids stimulate an adaptive unfolded protein response in the mammary glands of lactating cows. J Dairy Sci 100:5909-5921 (2017). PubMed: 28478014
- Ayuso MI et al. Stress Granule Induction after Brain Ischemia Is Independent of Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor (eIF) 2a Phosphorylation and Is Correlated with a Decrease in eIF4B and eIF4E Proteins. J Biol Chem 291:27252-27264 (2016). PubMed: 27836976
- Doelman J et al. Essential amino acid infusions stimulate mammary expression of eukaryotic initiation factor 2Be but milk protein yield is not increased during an imbalance. J Dairy Sci 98:4499-508 (2015). PubMed: 25912861
- Doelman J et al. Branched-chain amino acid and lysine deficiencies exert different effects on mammary translational regulation. J Dairy Sci 98:7846-55 (2015). PubMed: 26342977
- Sidrauski C et al. Pharmacological brake-release of mRNA translation enhances cognitive memory. Elife 2:e00498 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23741617
- Yung HW et al. Evidence of placental translation inhibition and endoplasmic reticulum stress in the etiology of human intrauterine growth restriction. Am J Pathol 173:451-62 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18583310