Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caveolin-2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
- 研究可靠 —— 各批次间结果一致且可重复
- 长期批量供应 —— 采用重组技术，可实现快速生产
- 首次实验即可成功 —— 经过大量验证确认了特异性
- 符合伦理标准 —— 产品不含动物成分
参阅全部 Caveolin-2 一抗
特异性Detects caveolin-2 from rat tissues. This antibody does not detect caveolin-1 or -3.
经测试应用适用于: WBmore details
种属反应性与反应: Mouse, Rat, Human
预测可用于: Sheep, Rabbit, Cow, Cat, Pig, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, African green monkey, African bush elephant
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
功能May act as a scaffolding protein within caveolar membranes. Interacts directly with G-protein alpha subunits and can functionally regulate their activity. Acts as an accessory protein in conjunction with CAV1 in targeting to lipid rafts and driving caveolae formation. The Ser-36 phosphorylated form has a role in modulating mitosis in endothelial cells. Positive regulator of cellular mitogenesis of the MAPK signaling pathway. Required for the insulin-stimulated nuclear translocation and activation of MAPK1 and STAT3, and the subsequent regulation of cell cycle progression.
组织特异性Expressed in endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, skeletal myoblasts and fibroblasts.
序列相似性Belongs to the caveolin family.
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated on serine and tyrosine residues. CAV1 promotes phosphorylation on Ser-23 which then targets the complex to the plasma membrane, lipid rafts and caveolae. Phosphorylation on Ser-36 appears to modulate mitosis in endothelial cells (By similarity). Phosphorylation on both Tyr-19 and Tyr-27 is required for insulin-induced 'Ser-727' phosphorylation of STAT3 and its activation. Phosphorylation on Tyr-19 is required for insulin-induced phosphorylation of MAPK1 and DNA binding of STAT3. Tyrosine phosphorylation is induced by both EGF and insulin.
细胞定位Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Potential hairpin-like structure in the membrane. Membrane protein of caveolae. Tyr-19-phosphorylated form is enriched at sites of cell-cell contact and is translocated to the nucleus in complex with MAPK1 in response to insulin (By similarity). Tyr-27-phosphorylated form is located both in the cytoplasm and plasma membrane. CAV1-mediated Ser-23-phosphorylated form locates to the plasma membrane. Ser-36-phosphorylated form resides in intracellular compartments.
- Information by UniProt
- CAV antibody
- CAV2 antibody
- CAV2_HUMAN antibody
Western blot of caveolin-2 on rat skeletal muscle protein extract using ab2911.
All lanes : Anti-Caveolin-2 antibody (ab2911) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : 3T3-L1 lysate
Lane 2 : 3T3-L1 differentiated to adipocytes
Lane 3 : Mouse Heart lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse Lung lysate
Lane 5 : Mouse Adipose lysate
Lane 6 : Mouse Spleen lysate
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) Superclonal Recombinant Secondary Antibody, HRP at 1/4000 dilution
ab2911 被引用在 11 文献中.
- Russell JS et al. Cardiomyoblast caveolin expression: Effects of simulated diabetes, a-linolenic acid and cell signaling pathways. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32348174
- Jiao F et al. Caveolin-2 is regulated by BRD4 and contributes to cell growth in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Cell Int 20:55 (2020). PubMed: 32099528
- Yang X et al. Twist1-induced miR-199a-3p promotes liver fibrosis by suppressing caveolin-2 and activating TGF-ß pathway. Signal Transduct Target Ther 5:75 (2020). PubMed: 32499481
- Mortensen OV et al. MAP Kinase Phosphatase 3 (MKP3) Preserves Norepinephrine Transporter Activity by Modulating ERK1/2 Kinase-Mediated Gene Expression. Front Cell Neurosci 11:253 (2017). PubMed: 28878626
- Hoeke L et al. Intestinal Salmonella typhimurium infection leads to miR-29a induced caveolin 2 regulation. PLoS One 8:e67300 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23826261