Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caveolin-2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
参阅全部 Caveolin-2 一抗
特异性Detects caveolin-2 from rat tissues. This antibody does not detect caveolin-1 or -3.
经测试应用适用于: WBmore details
种属反应性与反应: Mouse, Rat
预测可用于: Sheep, Rabbit, Cow, Cat, Pig, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, African green monkey, African bush elephant
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Can be blocked with Caveolin-2 peptide (ab4929).
Can be blocked with Caveolin-2 peptide.
功能May act as a scaffolding protein within caveolar membranes. Interacts directly with G-protein alpha subunits and can functionally regulate their activity. Acts as an accessory protein in conjunction with CAV1 in targeting to lipid rafts and driving caveolae formation. The Ser-36 phosphorylated form has a role in modulating mitosis in endothelial cells. Positive regulator of cellular mitogenesis of the MAPK signaling pathway. Required for the insulin-stimulated nuclear translocation and activation of MAPK1 and STAT3, and the subsequent regulation of cell cycle progression.
组织特异性Expressed in endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, skeletal myoblasts and fibroblasts.
序列相似性Belongs to the caveolin family.
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated on serine and tyrosine residues. CAV1 promotes phosphorylation on Ser-23 which then targets the complex to the plasma membrane, lipid rafts and caveolae. Phosphorylation on Ser-36 appears to modulate mitosis in endothelial cells (By similarity). Phosphorylation on both Tyr-19 and Tyr-27 is required for insulin-induced 'Ser-727' phosphorylation of STAT3 and its activation. Phosphorylation on Tyr-19 is required for insulin-induced phosphorylation of MAPK1 and DNA binding of STAT3. Tyrosine phosphorylation is induced by both EGF and insulin.
细胞定位Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Golgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Potential hairpin-like structure in the membrane. Membrane protein of caveolae. Tyr-19-phosphorylated form is enriched at sites of cell-cell contact and is translocated to the nucleus in complex with MAPK1 in response to insulin (By similarity). Tyr-27-phosphorylated form is located both in the cytoplasm and plasma membrane. CAV1-mediated Ser-23-phosphorylated form locates to the plasma membrane. Ser-36-phosphorylated form resides in intracellular compartments.
- Information by UniProt
- CAV antibody
- CAV2 antibody
- CAV2_HUMAN antibody
ab2911 被引用在 9 文献中.
- Russell JS et al. Cardiomyoblast caveolin expression: Effects of simulated diabetes, a-linolenic acid and cell signaling pathways. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32348174
- Mortensen OV et al. MAP Kinase Phosphatase 3 (MKP3) Preserves Norepinephrine Transporter Activity by Modulating ERK1/2 Kinase-Mediated Gene Expression. Front Cell Neurosci 11:253 (2017). PubMed: 28878626
- Hoeke L et al. Intestinal Salmonella typhimurium infection leads to miR-29a induced caveolin 2 regulation. PLoS One 8:e67300 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23826261
- Cho WJ et al. Caveolin-1 exists and may function in cardiomyocytes. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:73-6 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 20130741
- Källquist L et al. Neutrophil elastase and proteinase 3 trafficking routes in myelomonocytic cells. Exp Cell Res 316:3182-96 (2010). PubMed: 20828556
- Zaas DW et al. Counteracting Signaling Activities in Lipid Rafts Associated with the Invasion of Lung Epithelial Cells by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Biol Chem 284:9955-64 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19211560
- Cho WJ et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2, caveolins, focal adhesion kinase and c-Kit in cells of the mouse myocardium. J Cell Mol Med 11:1069-86 (2007). PubMed: 17979883
- Shu L & Shayman JA Caveolin-associated accumulation of globotriaosylceramide in the vascular endothelium of alpha-galactosidase A null mice. J Biol Chem 282:20960-7 (2007). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 17535804
- Zaas DW et al. Pseudomonas invasion of type I pneumocytes is dependent on the expression and phosphorylation of caveolin-2. J Biol Chem 280:4864-72 (2005). PubMed: 15545264