Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-8
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4052 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
功能Most upstream protease of the activation cascade of caspases responsible for the TNFRSF6/FAS mediated and TNFRSF1A induced cell death. Binding to the adapter molecule FADD recruits it to either receptor. The resulting aggregate called death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs CASP8 proteolytic activation. The active dimeric enzyme is then liberated from the DISC and free to activate downstream apoptotic proteases. Proteolytic fragments of the N-terminal propeptide (termed CAP3, CAP5 and CAP6) are likely retained in the DISC. Cleaves and activates CASP3, CASP4, CASP6, CASP7, CASP9 and CASP10. May participate in the GZMB apoptotic pathways. Cleaves ADPRT. Hydrolyzes the small-molecule substrate, Ac-Asp-Glu-Val-Asp-
-AMC. Likely target for the cowpox virus CRMA death inhibitory protein. Isoform 5, isoform 6, isoform 7 and isoform 8 lack the catalytic site and may interfere with the pro-apoptotic activity of the complex.
组织特异性Isoform 1, isoform 5 and isoform 7 are expressed in a wide variety of tissues. Highest expression in peripheral blood leukocytes, spleen, thymus and liver. Barely detectable in brain, testis and skeletal muscle.
疾病相关Defects in CASP8 are the cause of caspase-8 deficiency (CASP8D) [MIM:607271]. CASP8D is a disorder resembling autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS). It is characterized by lymphadenopathy, splenomegaly, and defective CD95-induced apoptosis of peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBLs). It leads to defects in activation of T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, and natural killer cells leading to immunodeficiency characterized by recurrent sinopulmonary and herpes simplex virus infections and poor responses to immunization.
序列相似性Belongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 2 DED (death effector) domains.
结构域Isoform 9 contains a N-terminal extension that is required for interaction with the BCAP31 complex.
翻译后修饰Generation of the subunits requires association with the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC), whereas additional processing is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. GZMB and CASP10 can be involved in these processing events.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- ALPS2B antibody
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 2 chromosomal region candidate gene 12 protein antibody
- Apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody
ab4052 staining Caspase-8 in human kidney tissue section by immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent fixation in paraformaldehyde, heat mediated antigen retrieval in 10mM Citrate buffer pH 6.0, permeabilization in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 10% serum for 20 minutes at 22°C. The primary antibody, diluted 1/50 in PBS with 2% BSA and incubated with sample, for 45 minutes at 22°C. An Avidin-peroxidase conjugated horse polyclonal to rabbit Ig, was used undiluted as the secondary antibody.
ab4052 staining Caspase-8 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human stomach tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab4052 被引用在 10 文献中.
- Buyuktiryaki M et al. Therapeutic and preventative effects of ankaferd blood stopper in an experimental necrotizing enterocolitis model. Biomed Pharmacother 110:105-110 (2019). PubMed: 30465999
- Chang CW et al. Lactobacillus casei Variety rhamnosus Probiotic Preventively Attenuates 5-Fluorouracil/Oxaliplatin-Induced Intestinal Injury in a Syngeneic Colorectal Cancer Model. Front Microbiol 9:983 (2018). PubMed: 29867884
- Cakir U et al. Ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) for the treatment and prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis. J Ethnopharmacol 225:297-308 (2018). PubMed: 30005955
- Masalova OV et al. Modulation of Cell Death Pathways by Hepatitis C Virus Proteins in Huh7.5 Hepatoma Cells. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29113144
- Yao Q et al. Prognostic significance of TRAIL signalling molecules in cervical squamous cell carcinoma. J Clin Pathol 69:122-7 (2016). PubMed: 26254281
- Molteno AC et al. Otago Glaucoma Surgery Outcome Study: Further Histology and Immunohistochemistry of Molteno Implant Blebs. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 56:4364-74 (2015). PubMed: 26176873
- Negrette-Guzmán M et al. Sulforaphane attenuates gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity: role of mitochondrial protection. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:135314 (2013). PubMed: 23662110
- Sansanwal P et al. Caspase-4 may play a role in loss of proximal tubules and renal injury in nephropathic cystinosis. Pediatr Nephrol : (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19705160
- Wu LP et al. HDAC inhibitor depsipeptide activates silenced genes through decreasing both CpG and H3K9 methylation on the promoter. Mol Cell Biol : (2008). PubMed: 18332107
- Goilav B et al. Pathways of apoptosis in human autosomal recessive and autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseases. Pediatr Nephrol 23:1473-82 (2008). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 18516626