Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Blooms Syndrome Protein Blm
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab476 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 159 kDa). We have conflicting reports from customers about whether this antibody works in IF in HeLa or SK-N-SH cells. We would appreciate any customer feedback about this antibody.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
功能Participates in DNA replication and repair. Exhibits a magnesium-dependent ATP-dependent DNA-helicase activity that unwinds single- and double-stranded DNA in a 3'-5' direction.
疾病相关Defects in BLM are the cause of Bloom syndrome (BLM) [MIM:210900]. BLM is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by proportionate pre- and postnatal growth deficiency, sun-sensitive telangiectatic hypo- and hyperpigmented skin, predisposition to malignancy, and chromosomal instability.
序列相似性Belongs to the helicase family. RecQ subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 HRDC domain.
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated in response to DNA damage. Phosphorylation requires the FANCA-FANCC-FANCE-FANCF-FANCG protein complex, as well as the presence of RMI1.
- Information by UniProt
- Blm antibody
- BLM_HUMAN antibody
- Bloom syndrome antibody
Western blot using ab476 against HELA nuclear extract revealing the 160kD Blm protein which, in gels, moves as a 190kD band.Western blot using ab476 against HELA nuclear extract revealing the 160kD Blm protein which, in gels, moves as a 190kD band.
BLAP75 physically interacts with BLM and Topo IIIa. Purified BLM was incubated with purified Topo IIIa and the reaction mixture was subjected to Immunoprecipitation with ab476. The reaction supernatant (S), wash (W), and eluate (E) were analyzed by SDS-PAGE, GST-BLAP75 or GST alone was incubated with BLM. Protein complexes were captured on glutathione-Sepharose beads, followed by SDS-PAGE.
ab476 被引用在 31 文献中.
- Fujiwara C et al. Cell-based chemical fingerprinting identifies telomeres and lamin A as modifiers of DNA damage response in cancer cells. Sci Rep 8:14827 (2018). PubMed: 30287851
- Vujanovic M et al. Replication Fork Slowing and Reversal upon DNA Damage Require PCNA Polyubiquitination and ZRANB3 DNA Translocase Activity. Mol Cell 67:882-890.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28886337
- Hampp S et al. DNA damage tolerance pathway involving DNA polymerase ? and the tumor suppressor p53 regulates DNA replication fork progression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E4311-9 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27407148
- Chu WK et al. FBH1 influences DNA replication fork stability and homologous recombination through ubiquitylation of RAD51. Nat Commun 6:5931 (2015). PubMed: 25585578
- Yang Y et al. Arginine methylation facilitates the recruitment of TOP3B to chromatin to prevent R loop accumulation. Mol Cell 53:484-97 (2014). PubMed: 24507716