Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [4D6] to Alpha-synuclein
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
纯度Protein A purified
纯化说明Ammonium sulfate precipitated and dialyzed tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1903 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.|
功能May be involved in the regulation of dopamine release and transport. Induces fibrillization of microtubule-associated protein tau. Reduces neuronal responsiveness to various apoptotic stimuli, leading to a decreased caspase-3 activation.
组织特异性Expressed principally in brain but is also expressed in low concentrations in all tissues examined except in liver. Concentrated in presynaptic nerve terminals.
疾病相关Genetic alterations of SNCA resulting in aberrant polymerization into fibrils, are associated with several neurodegenerative diseases (synucleinopathies). SNCA fibrillar aggregates represent the major non A-beta component of Alzheimer disease amyloid plaque, and a major component of Lewy body inclusions. They are also found within Lewy body (LB)-like intraneuronal inclusions, glial inclusions and axonal spheroids in neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation type 1.
Parkinson disease 1
Parkinson disease 4
Dementia Lewy body
序列相似性Belongs to the synuclein family.
结构域The 'non A-beta component of Alzheimer disease amyloid plaque' domain (NAC domain) is involved in fibrils formation. The middle hydrophobic region forms the core of the filaments. The C-terminus may regulate aggregation and determine the diameter of the filaments.
翻译后修饰Phosphorylated, predominantly on serine residues. Phosphorylation by CK1 appears to occur on residues distinct from the residue phosphorylated by other kinases. Phosphorylation of Ser-129 is selective and extensive in synucleinopathy lesions. In vitro, phosphorylation at Ser-129 promoted insoluble fibril formation. Phosphorylated on Tyr-125 by a PTK2B-dependent pathway upon osmotic stress.
Hallmark lesions of neurodegenerative synucleinopathies contain alpha-synuclein that is modified by nitration of tyrosine residues and possibly by dityrosine cross-linking to generated stable oligomers.
Ubiquitinated. The predominant conjugate is the diubiquitinated form.
Acetylation at Met-1 seems to be important for proper folding and native oligomeric structure.
细胞定位Cytoplasm, cytosol. Membrane. Nucleus. Cell junction, synapse. Secreted. Membrane-bound in dopaminergic neurons.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha synuclein antibody
- Alpha-synuclein antibody
- Alpha-synuclein, isoform NACP140 antibody
α-Synuclein (α-syn) and S129-phosphorylated α-synuclein protein levels in SNCA/SNCA mouse brains after 12 days of treatment with 4mM ambroxol (Amb). (A) Western blotting for α-synuclein (using ab1903) and serine 129 (S129)-phosphorylated α-synuclein protein (using ab51253) in the brainstem (example blots shown).
All lanes : Anti-Alpha-synuclein antibody [4D6] (ab1903) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : SK N BE (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : SK N SH (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 16 kDa
Observed band size: 16 kDa
Additional bands at: 18 kDa (possible post-translational modification), 80 kDa (possible post-translational modification)
IHC-P using ab1903 showing lewy bodies in a human substantia nigra neuron(x400)
ab1903 被引用在 44 文献中.
- Yang SY et al. Glucocerebrosidase activity, cathepsin D and monomeric a-synuclein interactions in a stem cell derived neuronal model of a PD associated GBA1 mutation. Neurobiol Dis 134:104620 (2020). PubMed: 31634558
- Brozzetti L et al. Neurodegeneration-Associated Proteins in Human Olfactory Neurons Collected by Nasal Brushing. Front Neurosci 14:145 (2020). PubMed: 32194369
- Abdel-Nour M et al. The heme-regulated inhibitor is a cytosolic sensor of protein misfolding that controls innate immune signaling. Science 365:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31273097
- Clarke E et al. Age-related neurochemical and behavioural changes in D409V/WT GBA1 mouse: Relevance to lewy body dementia. Neurochem Int 129:104502 (2019). PubMed: 31299418
- Zambon F et al. Cellular a-synuclein pathology is associated with bioenergetic dysfunction in Parkinson's iPSC-derived dopamine neurons. Hum Mol Genet 28:2001-2013 (2019). PubMed: 30753527