Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AFP-01] to alpha 1 Fetoprotein
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
产品名称Anti-alpha 1 Fetoprotein抗体[AFP-01]
参阅全部 alpha 1 Fetoprotein 一抗
描述小鼠单克隆抗体[AFP-01] to alpha 1 Fetoprotein
特异性The antibody reacts with human alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP), an oncofetal antigen of 70 kDa. AFP is a major fetal plasma protein, but is not present in healthy adult tissues. Elevated AFP concentrations in adult plasma may be an early marker of hepatocellular carcinoma or teratoblastoma, while high concentrations in amniotic fluid may indicate severe congenital defects of a fetus.
经测试应用适用于: ICC/IFmore details
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human alpha 1 Fetoprotein.
- Hep G2 human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line Sample preparation: Resuspend approx. 50 mil. cells in 1 ml cold Lysis buffer (1% laurylmaltoside in 20 mM Tris/Cl, 100 mM NaCl pH 8.2, 50 mM NaF including Protease inhibitor Cocktail). Incubate 60 min on ice. Centrifuge to remove cell debris. Mix lysate with non-reducing/reducing Laemmli SDS-PAGE sample buffer.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
纯化说明Purified by precipitation and chromatography
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3980 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
功能Binds copper, nickel, and fatty acids as well as, and bilirubin less well than, serum albumin. Only a small percentage (less than 2%) of the human AFP shows estrogen-binding properties.
组织特异性Plasma. Synthesized by the fetal liver and yolk sac.
序列相似性Belongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
发展阶段Occurs in the plasma of fetuses more than 4 weeks old, reaches the highest levels during the 12th-16th week of gestation, and drops to trace amounts after birth. The serum level in adults is usually less than 40 ng/ml. AFP occurs also at high levels in the plasma and ascitic fluid of adults with hepatoma.
翻译后修饰Independent studies suggest heterogeneity of the N-terminal sequence of the mature protein and of the cleavage site of the signal sequence.
- Information by UniProt
- Afp antibody
- AFPD antibody
- Alpha fetoglobulin antibody
ICC/IF image of ab3980 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3980, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab3980 被引用在 29 文献中.
- Lenz D et al. Generation of an iPSC line from a patient with infantile liver failure syndrome 2 due to mutations in NBAS: DHMCi004-A. Stem Cell Res 35:101398 (2019). PubMed: 30772683
- Wei J et al. Establishment and characterization of the GC-030-35 cell line derived from gastric hepatoid adenocarcinoma. Cancer Manag Res 11:1275-1287 (2019). PubMed: 30799954
- Jung-Klawitter S et al. Generation of 2 iPSC clones from a patient with DNAJC12 deficiency: DHMCi003-A and DHMCi003-B. Stem Cell Res 36:101402 (2019). PubMed: 30901742
- Lenz D et al. Generation of an induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) line, DHMCi005-A, from a patient with CALFAN syndrome due to mutations in SCYL1. Stem Cell Res 37:101428 (2019). PubMed: 30959346
- Tongkobpetch S et al. Generation of two human iPSC lines (MDCUi001-A and MDCUi001-B) from dermal fibroblasts of a Thai patient with X-linked osteogenesis imperfecta using integration-free Sendai virus. Stem Cell Res 39:101493 (2019). PubMed: 31326747