Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [AFP-01] to alpha 1 Fetoprotein
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA, ICC/IF, ELISA, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
产品名称Anti-alpha 1 Fetoprotein抗体[AFP-01]
参阅全部 alpha 1 Fetoprotein 一抗
描述小鼠单克隆抗体[AFP-01] to alpha 1 Fetoprotein
特异性The antibody reacts with human alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP), an oncofetal antigen of 70 kDa. AFP is a major fetal plasma protein, but is not present in healthy adult tissues. Elevated AFP concentrations in adult plasma may be an early marker of hepatocellular carcinoma or teratoblastoma, while high concentrations in amniotic fluid may indicate severe congenital defects of a fetus.
经测试应用适用于: Sandwich ELISA, ICC/IF, ELISA, IP, WBmore details
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human alpha 1 Fetoprotein.
- Hep G2 human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line Sample preparation: Resuspend approx. 50 mil. cells in 1 ml cold Lysis buffer (1% laurylmaltoside in 20 mM Tris/Cl, 100 mM NaCl pH 8.2, 50 mM NaF including Protease inhibitor Cocktail). Incubate 60 min on ice. Centrifuge to remove cell debris. Mix lysate with non-reducing/reducing Laemmli SDS-PAGE sample buffer.
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
纯化说明Purified by precipitation and chromatography
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3980 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use at an assay dependant dilution. Interaction of the antibody with AFP is dependent on the presence of calcium ions (strongly inhibited by chelating agents). Such characteristics of the antibody can be exploited for immunoaffinity purification of APF under mild elution conditions.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa.|
功能Binds copper, nickel, and fatty acids as well as, and bilirubin less well than, serum albumin. Only a small percentage (less than 2%) of the human AFP shows estrogen-binding properties.
组织特异性Plasma. Synthesized by the fetal liver and yolk sac.
序列相似性Belongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
发展阶段Occurs in the plasma of fetuses more than 4 weeks old, reaches the highest levels during the 12th-16th week of gestation, and drops to trace amounts after birth. The serum level in adults is usually less than 40 ng/ml. AFP occurs also at high levels in the plasma and ascitic fluid of adults with hepatoma.
翻译后修饰Independent studies suggest heterogeneity of the N-terminal sequence of the mature protein and of the cleavage site of the signal sequence.
- Information by UniProt
- Afp antibody
- AFPD antibody
- Alpha fetoglobulin antibody
ICC/IF image of ab3980 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3980, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-alpha 1 Fetoprotein antibody [AFP-01] (ab3980) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Lanes 1 human embryonic stem (ES) cell lysates.
Lane 2 : Lanes 2 human embryonic stem (ES) cell lysates.
Lane 3 : Lanes 3 definitive endoderm lysates.
Lane 4 : Lanes 4 definitive endoderm lysates.
Lane 5 : Lanes 5 hepatoblast lysates.
Lane 6 : Lanes 6 hepatoblast lysates.
Lane 7 : Lanes 7 hepatocyte lysates.
Lane 8 : Lanes 8 hepatocyte lysates.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-mouse HRP (Dako) at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 62-65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 15 minutes
ab3980 被引用在 29 文献中.
- Lenz D et al. Generation of an iPSC line from a patient with infantile liver failure syndrome 2 due to mutations in NBAS: DHMCi004-A. Stem Cell Res 35:101398 (2019). PubMed: 30772683
- Wei J et al. Establishment and characterization of the GC-030-35 cell line derived from gastric hepatoid adenocarcinoma. Cancer Manag Res 11:1275-1287 (2019). PubMed: 30799954
- Jung-Klawitter S et al. Generation of 2 iPSC clones from a patient with DNAJC12 deficiency: DHMCi003-A and DHMCi003-B. Stem Cell Res 36:101402 (2019). PubMed: 30901742
- Lenz D et al. Generation of an induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) line, DHMCi005-A, from a patient with CALFAN syndrome due to mutations in SCYL1. Stem Cell Res 37:101428 (2019). PubMed: 30959346
- Tongkobpetch S et al. Generation of two human iPSC lines (MDCUi001-A and MDCUi001-B) from dermal fibroblasts of a Thai patient with X-linked osteogenesis imperfecta using integration-free Sendai virus. Stem Cell Res 39:101493 (2019). PubMed: 31326747