Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to AANAT
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
存放说明Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
存储溶液Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
纯度Immunogen affinity purified
纯化说明Total anti-N-terminal AA-NAT-specific IgG was affinity purified on resin-coupled non-phosphopeptide. Phospho-specific amino-terminal IgG was subsequently isolated on resin-coupled phosphopeptide.
Primary antibody说明Pineal gland serotonin N-acetyltransferase (arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase, AA-NAT) is an ~23 kDa protein which is the rate-limiting enzyme in melatonin synthesis. Melatonin serves as the hormonal signal of the daily light/dark cycle, or body clock. The nocturnal oscillation in enzyme activity ranges by 10- to 100-fold depending on species among vertebrates. Studies have shown that AA-NAT is regulated by cAMP at both the mRNA and protein levels. AA-NAT has putative protein kinase A (PKA) sites at Thr 29 and Ser 206. Phosphorylation of AA-NAT at these residues might play a role in protein inactivation via proteasome-dependent degradation.
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3505 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).Can be blocked with AANAT peptide (ab5003).
This antibody detects an ~23 kDa protein representing unphosphorylated and phosphorylated AA-NAT from rat pineal gland whole protein extract.
功能Controls the night/day rhythm of melatonin production in the pineal gland. Catalyzes the N-acetylation of serotonin into N-acetylserotonin, the penultimate step in the synthesis of melatonin.
组织特异性Highly expressed in pineal gland and at lower levels in the retina. Weak expression in several brain regions and in the pituitary gland.
通路Aromatic compound metabolism; melatonin biosynthesis; melatonin from serotonin: step 1/2.
疾病相关Delayed sleep phase syndrome
序列相似性Belongs to the acetyltransferase family. AANAT subfamily.
Contains 1 N-acetyltransferase domain.
翻译后修饰cAMP-dependent phosphorylation on both N-terminal Thr-31 and C-terminal Ser-205 regulates AANAT activity by promoting interaction with 14-3-3 proteins.
- Information by UniProt
- AA-NAT antibody
- Aanat antibody
- Aralkylamine N-acetyltransferase antibody
ab3505 被引用在 4 文献中.
- Wu D et al. Loading-induced antitumor capability of murine and human urine. FASEB J 34:7578-7592 (2020). PubMed: 32293076
- Chen L et al. Pinealectomy or light exposure exacerbates biliary damage and liver fibrosis in cholestatic rats through decreased melatonin synthesis. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:1525-1539 (2019). PubMed: 30890428
- Hou B et al. Homeostatic Plasticity Mediated by Rod-Cone Gap Junction Coupling in Retinal Degenerative Dystrophic RCS Rats. Front Cell Neurosci 11:98 (2017). WB, IHC (PFA fixed) ; Rat . PubMed: 28473754
- Alkozi HA et al. TRPV4 Stimulation Induced Melatonin Secretion by Increasing Arylalkymine N-acetyltransferase (AANAT) Protein Level. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). WB, IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 28368307