为了使您在Abcam官网的浏览体验更顺畅，请使用最新版本的浏览器比如 Google Chrome
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17575 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
This image is courtesy of Chris Anderson, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom
Both the positive control antibody, Rabbit polyclonal to mGluR5 in lane 1 and ab16653, Rabbit polyclonal to mGluR5 (phospho S996) in lanes 2 and 4, detect an ~130kDa band in mouse hippocampal lysate by western blot. We are unsure of the identity of the larger >200kDa band that is seen with both the postive control antibody and also the ab16653 phospho specific antibody (lanes 1, 2 and 4).
The ~130kDa and >200kDa bands detected by ab16653 mGluR5 (phospho S996) antibody were completely blocked by preincubation with the mGluR5 (phsopho S996) immunizing peptide (ab17573; lane 3). However as expected, the corresponding unmodified control peptide (ab17575) did not block ab16653 detection of mGluR5 (phospho S996) protein expression.
ab17575 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"