Anti-Plasmin抗体(Biotin) (ab48350)


  • 产品名称Anti-Plasmin抗体(Biotin)
  • 描述
    兔多克隆抗体to Plasmin (Biotin)
  • 偶联物Biotin
  • 特异性This antibody does recognize plasminogen at about 20-40 %.
  • 经测试应用适用于: RIA, WB, ELISAmore details
  • 种属反应性
    与反应: Human
  • 免疫原

    Full length native protein (purified) - plasmin purified from human plasma.



Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48350 in the following tested applications.

The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.

应用 Ab评论 说明
RIA Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB Use at an assay dependent dilution.
ELISA Use at an assay dependent dilution.


  • 相关性Plasmin is an enzyme formed in the circulating blood, and many other extracellular fluids, from the zymogen plasminogen. Plasminogen is a single-chain glycoprotein with 790 amino acid residues. Activation to the active form, plasmin, by urokinase involves cleavage at the arg-val bond between residues 560 and 561, resulting in the formation of the 2-chain plasmin molecule held together by 2 disulfide linkages. The heavier chain contains about 411 residues and the lighter chain about 233. The main function of plasmin is the digestion of fibrin in blood clots. Plasmin is a proteolytic enzyme with a specificity similar to that of trypsin. Like trypsin, plasmin belongs to the family of serine proteinases, in which the active site catalytic triad, his-57, asp-102, and ser-195 (chymotrypsin numbering), is situated in the light chain. Plasmin acts as a proteolytic factor in a variety of processes other than fibrinolysis; including embryonic development, tissue remodelling, tumour invasion and inflammation; in ovulation it weakens the walls of the Graafian follicle. A Deficiency of plasmin may lead to thrombosis, as clots are not degraded adequately.
  • 细胞定位Secreted
  • 数据库链接
  • 别名
    • Plasminogen antibody
    • PLG antibody

Anti-Plasmin antibody (Biotin) (ab48350)参考文献

This product has been referenced in:
  • Leksa V  et al. Dissecting mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor complexes that control activation and uptake of plasminogen in cells. J Biol Chem : (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22613725) »
  • Barker R  et al. Plasminogen and plasmin in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res 1355:7-15 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20709033) »

See all 3 Publications for this product

Product Wall

Thank you for contacting us.

We currently offer only one anti-Plasmin antibody ab48350. This product has not been tested as a neutralizing/blocking antibody for plasmin. As a rabbit polyclonal this product will recognize a number of epitop...

Read More

Merci pour votre patience. Je m'excuse pour ce délais.

Je peux confirmer que cet anticorps était produit contre la plasmine et reconnait aussi le plasminogène à environ 20 à 40% d'intensité.

Je peux aussi confirmer que la reconnai...

Read More
Abcam guarantees this product to work in the species/application used in this Abreview.
Application Western blot
Sample Human Purified protein (Blood)
Loading amount 3 µg
Specification Blood
Gel Running Conditions Reduced Denaturing (4-20% Tris HCl gels)
Blocking step Milk as blocking agent for 1 hour(s) and 0 minute(s) · Concentration: 5% · Temperature: 20°C

Dr. Rachel Barker

Verified customer

提交于 Aug 10 2009

Thank you for your enquiry. This antibody has not been tested if they can recognize plasminogen. Therefore, I can not confirm if it only detects plasmin. This antibody reacts 15% to mouse sample, which means that the remaining 85% is no reaction.

Read More

Thank you for your enquiry. This antibody has been tested to full length human plasmin. It cross reacts with rat plasmin 10%, and mouse plasmin 15%.