为了使您在Abcam官网的浏览体验更顺畅，请使用最新版本的浏览器比如 Google Chrome
I was hoping for some advice regarding your antibodies against both AKT 1 or AKT 2 (separately not pan-AKT). I am interested in blotting for truncated mutants of both and therefore need Abs that recognise sequence as near as possible to the N and C terminals. I have narrowed it down to a couple for each situation and, based on more specific details of the immunogen that you may have compared to what is detailed on your website, I wondered if you could recommend which might be best for my purposes (ie. which will bind closest to either the N or C terminal).
N-term; Either ab25893 “Synthetic peptide, consisting of 16 N terminal amino acids of Human AKT1” or ab64936 “Synthetic peptide (Human) from the N terminal region.”
C-term; Either ab32505 “synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in C-terminus of human Akt1.” or ab6076 “Synthetic peptide mapping to the carboxy terminal domain of human AKT1.”
N-term; ab130255 “Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 2-149 of Human AKT2”, seems to be the best option.
C-term; Either ab39663 “against synthesized non phosphopeptide derived from human AKT2 around the phosphorylation site of serine 474.” or ab5920 “Synthetic peptide (Human)(C terminal).”
Thanks in advance for your help,
Asked on Jun 18 2012
Thank you for contacting us.
All the products you shortlisted seem to be suitable for your work, however, looking at the availability of those products, I would recommend the following one that are currently in stock:
Anti-AKT1 (N-term)antibody (ab64936), http://www.abcam.com/ab64693
Anti-AKT1 (C-term) antibody [Y89] (ab32505), http://www.abcam.com/ab32505
Anti-AKT2 (phospho S474) antibody (ab39663), http://www.abcam.com/ab39663
At Abcam, providing quality service is just as important as providing quality products. Our Abpromise® ensures that you can trust our products to perform as stated on the datasheets, or we will offer a replacement, credit, or refund.
The Abcam Abpromise® guarantee:
- 100% Scientific and Customer Support for any product you buy from Abcam or one of our authorized distributors.
- We guarantee our products work in the tested species and applications stated on the datasheet.
- We will replace or refund products not performing as stated on the datasheet if reported within 6 months of purchase.
- We investigate any quality concerns raised by customers to ensure our catalog contains products that perform to the highest standards.
Please note these conditions to our Abpromise®:
- Protocol information must be provided in order for the claim to be validated.
- Antibodies tested in recombinant samples only are not guaranteed for use on endogenous samples.
- “Predicted to react” information on the datasheets is provided for reference only and these species are not guaranteed.
- Fast Track antibodies are covered for ELISA against the immunizing peptide only.
I hope this information is helpful, but please do not hesitate to contact us with further questions.
Use our products? Submit an Abreview. Earn rewards!
Abcam Scientific Support
回复于 Jun 18 2012